Confectionery in Singapore
Confectionery in Singapore industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Singapore confectionery market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The confectionery market consists of the retail sale of chocolate, gum and sugar confectionery products. The chocolate segment consists of all chocolate based products, including boxed chocolates, chocolate countlines, chocolate straightlines, molded bars and novelties. The gum segment consists of all bubble and chewing gum. Moreover, sugar confectionery products consist of hard boiled sweets, mints, caramels and toffees, gums and jellies, marshmallows, fudges and medicated throat lozenges. The market is valued according to retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates.
- The Singaporean confectionery market had total revenues of USD230.2m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.5% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 1.5% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 11.7 million kg in 2017.
- Health and wellness is a rising trend among Singaporean consumers. Consumers that seek variety are creating demand for products with new flavors and health benefits.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the confectionery market in Singapore
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the confectionery market in Singapore
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key confectionery market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Singapore confectionery market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Singapore confectionery market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Singapore confectionery market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Singapore confectionery market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Singapore's confectionery market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market share 13
Market distribution 14
Market Outlook 15
Market value forecast 15
Market volume forecast 16
Five Forces Analysis 17
Buyer power 18
Supplier power 19
New entrants 20
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 23
Ferrero Group 23
Mars, Incorporated 24
Mondelez International, Inc. 25
Nestle SA 28
Macroeconomic Indicators 31
Country data 31
Industry associations 34
Related MarketLine research 34
About MarketLine 35
List of Figures
Figure 1: Singapore confectionery market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Singapore confectionery market volume: million kilograms, 2013-17
Figure 3: Singapore confectionery market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Singapore confectionery market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Singapore confectionery market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 6: Singapore confectionery market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 7: Singapore confectionery market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 8: Singapore confectionery market volume forecast: million kilograms, 2017-22
Figure 9: Forces driving competition in the confectionery market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of buyer power in the confectionery market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of supplier power in the confectionery market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 12: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the confectionery market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 13: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the confectionery market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 14: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the confectionery market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 15: Mondelez International, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Mondelez International, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Nestle SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Nestle SA: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Singapore confectionery market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Singapore confectionery market volume: million kilograms, 2013-17
Table 3: Singapore confectionery market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Singapore confectionery market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 5: Singapore confectionery market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 6: Singapore confectionery market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Table 7: Singapore confectionery market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 8: Singapore confectionery market volume forecast: million kilograms, 2017-22
Table 9: Ferrero Group: key facts
Table 10: Mars, Incorporated: key facts
Table 11: Mondelez International, Inc.: key facts
Table 12: Mondelez International, Inc.: key financials (USD)
Table 13: Mondelez International, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 14: Nestle SA: key facts
Table 15: Nestle SA: key financials (USD)
Table 16: Nestle SA: key financials (CHF)
Table 17: Nestle SA: key financial ratios
Table 18: Singapore size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 19: Singapore gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 20: Singapore gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: Singapore inflation, 2013-17
Table 22: Singapore consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 23: Singapore exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Mondelez International, Inc.
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"