Opportunities in the Eastern Europe Bakery & Cereals Sector: Analysis of Opportunities Offered by High Potential Countries
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's bakery & cereal sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
The report includes-
- The Eastern Europe bakery & cereals sector, the fourth largest market globally, was valued at USD 40,070.6 million in 2017.
- Of the eleven categories, bread & rolls held the largest share, accounting for 60.7% of total value sales in 2017.
- Food & Drink Specialists was the leading distribution channels for bakery & cereal products in the Eastern Europe region in 2017.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the bakery & cereals sector in the region. It includes analysis on the following-
- Sector overview: Provides overview of the sector size, value and volume growth analysis, across regions
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of bakery & cereals categories across the key countries in the region.
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top 4 high potential countries in the region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of high potential countries covering value growth during 2017-2022, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Brand analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the region, besides analyzing the growth of Private Label products in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for bakery & cereals across the key countries in the region, in 2017. It covers these distribution channels-Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers, Cash & Carries and Warehouse Clubs, 'Dollar Stores' and Other retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2017) and growth analysis (during 2012-2022) for various packaging materials, pack type, closure type, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (units) of bakery & cereals.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (Regional analysis)
Market size analysis -Eastern Europe compared to other regions
Growth analysis by region
Growth analysis by country
Growth analysis by sector
3. Identifying high potential countries in Eastern Europe
Risk and reward analysis-Opportunity scores
4. Market size and growth analysis
Overview-Value and volume growth analysis by country
Growth contribution analysis by country
Share of Bakery & Cereals compared to other food sector
Change in consumption levels by country and Bakery & Cereals category
Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. Country Profiles
6. Success Stories
7. Company and Brand Analysis
Brand share analysis in the Bakery & Cereals sector
Leading companies in the Eastern Europe Bakery & Cereal sector by value sales
Leading brands (including private label) in the Eastern Europe Bakery & Cereals sector
Private label penetration in the Bakery & Cereals sector
8. Health & Wellness Analysis
Health & Wellness analysis-overview
Health & Wellness market growth analysis by country
Health & Wellness analysis-Key product attributes and consumer benefits
Products meeting consumers' Health & Wellness needs
Leading Health & Wellness companies by market share
9. Key Distribution Channels
Leading distribution channels by country
Leading distribution channels by category
10. Key Packaging Formats
Growth analysis by key package materials and pack type
Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
11. Challenges and Future Outlook
List of Figures
Year-on-year value growth analysis by region (2017-2022)
Year-on-year volume growth analysis by region (2017-2022)
Value and volume growth analysis by country (2017-2022)
Value and volume growth analysis by market (2017-2022)
Country level contribution to the growth of markets in Eastern Europe, 2017-2022
Poland Bakery & Cereals-Demographic Analysis
Czech Republic Bakery & Cereals-Demographic Analysis
Romania Bakery & Cereals-Demographic Analysis
Bulgaria Bakery & Cereals-Demographic Analysis
Country level contribution to the growth of H&W Market in Eastern Europe, 2017-2022
Key package material volume (units) share, 2017
Unit volume growth by package material (2012-2022)
Key pack type volume (units) share, 2017
Unit volume growth by pack type (2012-2022)
Key closure type volume (units) share, 2017
Unit volume growth by closure type (2012-2022)
Key primary outers volume (units) share, 2017
Unit volume growth by primary outers (2012-2022)
List of Tables
Regional comparison: Market size, growth, and per capita analysis, 2017-2022
Identifying high potential countries-Risk, reward and opportunity analysis
High potential countries in Eastern Europe-Overview
Value share of Bakery & Cereals sector as a proportion of overall food by country
Change in consumption by market within Bakery & Cereals (value terms), 2017-2022
Per Capita Consumption analysis in Eastern Europe and high potential countries, 2017
Per Capita Expenditure analysis in Eastern Europe and high potential countries, 2017
Poland Bakery & Cereals-Overview, % value share by category, 2017
Czech Republic Bakery & Cereals-Overview % value share by category, 2017
Romania Bakery & Cereals-Overview % value share by category, 2017
Bulgaria Bakery & Cereals-Overview % value share by category, 2017
Leading brands in the Eastern Europe Bakery & Cereals sector and categories by value, 2017
Leading companies in the Eastern Europe Bakery & Cereals Sector by value sales (USD million), 2017
Leading Brands (including Private label) in the Eastern Europe Bakery & Cereals Sector by value sales (USD million), 2017
Private Label penetration in the Bakery & Cereals sector
Health & Wellness value and its share in overall sales, 2012-2022
Share of product attributes and consumer benefits in high potential countries , 2017
Leading Health & Wellness companies with market share by Bakery & Cereals category (2017)
Leading Distribution Channels in the Eastern Europe region by country, 2017
Leading Distribution Channels in the Eastern Europe region by category, 2017
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
The Eastern Europe, Bakery & cereals, baking mixes, baking ingredients, bread & rolls, breakfast & cereals, cakes, pastries & sweet pies, cereal bars, cookies, dough products, energy bars, morning goods, savory biscuits, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers, Cash & Carries and Warehouse Clubs, 'Dollar Stores' and Other retailers, channel share, brand share, market share, package materials, pack type, closure type, primary outer type, volume share, value share
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"