Global Organic Food
Global Organic Food industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Global organic food market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- Organic food is produce that has been independently certified to have been grown free of chemicals. Market values are taken at retail selling price (RSP). For the purposes of this report, eggs have been classified as part of the meat, fish and poultry segment. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using 2017 constant annual average exchange rates.
- The global organic food market had total revenues of USD 104,367.7m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.5% between 2013 and 2017.
- The fruit & vegetables segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 30,885.0m, equivalent to 29.6% of the market's overall value.
- Significant variation exists around the globe even though the fruit and vegetables segment is the largest segment in several major markets such as the German, American and the Chinese. However in Japan and the Netherlands, the meat, fish and poultry segment is the largest segment whereas in the United Kingdom and Singapore the prepared food segment dominates.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the organic food market in the global
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the globalorganic food market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key organic food market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Global organic food market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Global organic food market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Global organic food market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Global organic food market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global's organic food market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 21
Carrefour SA 21
Metro AG 25
Tesco PLC 29
Walmart Inc 32
Industry associations 36
Related MarketLine research 36
About MarketLine 37
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global organic food market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Global organic food market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Global organic food market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Global organic food market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the global organic food market, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the global organic food market, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the global organic food market, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global organic food market, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global organic food market, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global organic food market, 2017
Figure 11: Carrefour SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Carrefour SA: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Metro AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Metro AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Tesco PLC: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Tesco PLC: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Walmart Inc: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Walmart Inc: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Global organic food market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Global organic food market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: Global organic food market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Global organic food market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: Carrefour SA: key facts
Table 6: Carrefour SA: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Carrefour SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 8: Carrefour SA: key financial ratios
Table 9: Metro AG: key facts
Table 10: Metro AG: key financials (USD )
Table 11: Metro AG: key financials (EUR)
Table 12: Metro AG: key financial ratios
Table 13: Tesco PLC: key facts
Table 14: Tesco PLC: key financials (USD )
Table 15: Tesco PLC: key financials (GBP)
Table 16: Tesco PLC: key financial ratios
Table 17: Walmart Inc: key facts
Table 18: Walmart Inc: key financials (USD )
Table 19: Walmart Inc: key financial ratios
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"