Ingredient Insights: Salt Reduction-Opportunities to capitalize on demand for reduced salt (sodium) formulations using on-trend and emerging ingredients
"Ingredient Insights: Salt Reduction", identifies on-trend and emerging ingredients to help food and drink manufacturers to adopt successful salt reduction strategies.
The food industry is under significant pressure to reduce the salt content of processed food products to help improve consumer health globally. However, this need for reformulation also brings significant manufacturing challenges given salt's key role in providing flavor, texture, and preservation.
- Globally, over half of consumers claim a tax or price increase on unhealthy food and drinks, such as those high in salt, would encourage them to buy less.
- Natural ingredients are the top factor most likely to encourage consumers to choose one brand over another.
- Taste, texture, preservation, and natural production methods are key challenges facing manufacturers reformulating to reduce salt levels.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insight into consumer trends and perceptions towards ingredients to support salt reduction strategies.
- Identify new and emerging ingredients to help overcome challenges with salt reduction and removal strategies.
- Discover the latest innovations and learn from what other brands are doing to reduce and remove salt in food and drink products.
- Explore future challenges that the industry must overcome to reduce salt further.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 4
2. Consumer Trends 10
3. Ingredients Spotlight 15
4. Innovation: How are Brands Meeting Demand for Reduced Salt Options? 22
5. The Future: Challenges and Opportunities 25
6. Appendix 26
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Tate & Lyle
Seaweed & Co
Salt of the Earth
Rudolph Foods Co.
Ingredients; salt; sodium; Fresh, Natural & Pure; Sensory & Indulgence; Health & Wellness; Food; non-alcoholic beverages; hot drinks; bakery & cereals; dairy
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"