Ingredient Insights: War On Sugar-Opportunities to capitalize on demand for low and no sugar formulations using on-trend and emerging ingredients
"Ingredient Insights: War On Sugar", identifies on-trend and emerging ingredients to help food and drink manufacturers to adopt successful sugar reduction strategies.
Pressure is mounting on the food and drink industry to reduce or eliminate sugar from their products. However, this need for reformulation also brings significant challenges. Health-conscious consumers are concerned about their sugar intake, but yet are unwilling to compromise on attributes such as taste or texture; key issues typically linked to the removal of sugar.
- Globally, over half of consumers claim a tax or price increase on unhealthy food and drinks, such as those high in sugar, would encourage them to buy less.
- Natural ingredients are the factor most likely to encourage consumers to choose one brand over another.
- Natural sweetness is preferred over "sugar-free" or "no added sugar" claims.
- Aftertaste, texture, and natural production methods are key challenges facing food and drink manufacturers reformulating to remove sugar.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insight on consumer trends and perceptions towards ingredients to support sugar reduction strategies.
- Identify new and emerging ingredients to help overcome challenges with sugar reduction and removal strategies.
- Discover the latest innovation and learn from what other brands are doing to reduce and remove sugar in food and drink products.
- Explore future challenges that the industry must overcome to cut sugar further.
Table of Contents
2. Consumer Trends
3. Ingredients Spotlight
4. Innovation: How are brands responding to the War on Sugar?
5. The Future: Challenges and Opportunities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Tate & Lyle
Layn Natural Ingredients
Ingredients; Sugar, Sweeteners; Stevia; Aspartame; Sucralose; Fresh, Natural & Pure; Sensory and Indulgence; Health & Wellness; Food; Non-alcoholic Beverages; Alcoholic Drinks; Soft Drinks; Hot Drinks; Bakery & Cereals; Confectionery; Chocolate; Dairy
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"