The Bakery and Cereals market in Thailand is forecast to register higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020 compared to 2010-2015 driven by an increasing GDP per Capita and a large young working age population. Cakes, Pastries and Sweet Pies is the leading value category and the Energy Bars category is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2015-2020. Bakery and Cereals consumption among Thais is mainly influenced by the Wellbeing and the Fresh, Natural and Pure consumer trends.
- Of the eleven categories analyzed, Energy Bars is forecast to be the fastest growing value category, registering a CAGR of 5.0% during 2015-2020
- Older consumers and Kids and Babies are the key cohorts for Bread and Rolls consumption
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel accounting for nearly half of the overall Bakery and Cereals distribution in Thailand
- General Mills and the Kellogg Company are the leading market players in the country
- Thai consumers prefer Bakery and Cereals products that are free-from artificial ingredients
Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Bakery and Cereals market in Thailand provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Baking Mixes, Baking Ingredients, Bread and Rolls, Breakfast Cereals, Cakes, Pastries and Sweet Pies, Dough Products, Cereal Bars, Energy Bars, Cookies (Sweet Biscuits), Savory Biscuits, Morning Goods with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Paper and Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Bag/Sachet, Film, Tray and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Bakery and Cereals products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Bakery and Cereals products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators - GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
- Retail and foodservice figures - Key Takeaways
Market Overview and Consumer Demographics
- Value and volume analysis for Thailand's Bakery and Cereals market
- Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on Thailand's Bakery and Cereals market
- Degree of trade up/down in Thailand's Bakery and Cereals market
- Volume analysis by category
- Market value and growth rates, by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
- Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
- Volume consumption analysis by gender, age, education and urbanization - at category level
- Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in Thailand's Food market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in Thailand's Bakery and Cereals market
- Leading distribution channels ((value terms) by category
- Market share of leading brands (in value and volume terms) by category and segment
- Penetration of private label by category in Thailand's Bakery and Cereals market
- Private label growth (in value terms) compared to brands
Health and Wellness analysis
- Value of Health & Wellness claims by category
- Key Health & Wellness product attributes driving sales
- Key Health & Wellness consumer benefits driving sales
- Key Health & Wellness companies and market share
- Bakery and Cereals market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Bakery and Cereals market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Bakery and Cereals market by type of packaging, forecast(in volume terms)
Consumer trend analysis
- Canadean's consumer trend framework and explanation of the sub-trends
- For key trends in Thailand's Bakery and Cereals market:
- How the trend is influencing consumption in Thailand's Bakery and Cereals market
- How to target the trend in Thailand's Bakery and Cereals market
- How the trend will evolve in Thailand's Bakery and Cereals market
- Key target demographic and the rate at which the trend will evolve
- What are the key drivers that will influence growth of Bakery and Cereals market in the future
- New products launched in Thailand's Bakery and Cereals market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Consumer Demographics data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
- Health & Wellness definitions
- Explanation of sub-trends
- About Canadean
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Foodservice transactions by sectors, profit and cost, 2015
Figure 3: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 4: Consumers purchase behavior - Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 5: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 6: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 7: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 8: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 9: Category volume consumption by age, gender, education and urbanisation,2015
Figure 10: Leading distribution channels, overall Food, 2011-2014
Figure 11: Leading distribution channels, overall Bakery and Cereals market, 2015
Figure 12: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 13: Brand share analysis by category (by value and volume), 2015
Figure 14: Private label penetration by category, 2015
Figure 15: Private label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 16: Value of key Health & Wellness claims, by category, 2010-2020
Figure 17: Leading Health & Wellness companies by category, 2015
Figure 18: Packaging analysis - key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 19: Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020
Table 1: Country Indicators - overall food value and volume, 2015
Table 2: Market value analysis in THB and USD, 2010-2020
Table 3: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 4: Exchange rate fluctuations: USD to THB
Table 5: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 6: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 7: Average prices (THB and USD) by category, 2015
Table 8: Leading retailers
Table 9: Leading brands by segments, 2015
Table 10: Leading brands by category, 2015
Table 12: Key Health & Wellness product attributes driving sales, 2015
Table 13: Key Health & Wellness consumer benefits driving sales, 2015
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
General Mills Inc.,Kim Chua Group Co. Ltd.
C&W Interfoods Co Ltd
And Marketing Co. Ltd.
European Foods PCL
President Bakery PCL
Bright Food (Group) Co. Ltd.
C. Hahne Muhlenwerke Gmbh & Co. Kg
Cereal Partners Worldwide S.A.
Dorset Cereals Ltd
Nature's Path Foods
Useful Food Co.,Ltd.
Orion Confectionery Co Ltd.
S&P Syndicate Public Company Limited
Xongdur Thai Organic Food Co.,Ltd.
A. Loacker Ag
Bahlsen Gmbh & Co. Kg
Campbell Soup Company
Ezaki Glico co.
Friendship Co. Ltd.
JG Summit Holdings Inc.
Kraft Foods Group Inc.
Lotte Co. Ltd.
Monde Nissin Corporation
Mondelez International Inc
Pt. Mayora Indah Tbk
Thai President Foods Public Company Limited.
Walkers Shortbread Ltd.
Perfect Food Manufacturing (M) Sdn. Bhd.Hup Seng Perusahaan Makanan (M) Sdn. Bhd
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"