Opportunities in the Global Ice Cream Sector: Analysis of opportunities offered by high growth economies
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the global ice cream sector as part of our global series. It includes an analysis on global ice cream sector with consumption analysis highlighted for all regions. The report also identifies high potential countries by region that have been identified by creating a risk-reward analysis with multiple parameters.
The global ice cream sector was valued at USD58.2 billion in 2017. A growing population, rising urbanization rate, and improving economy will remain the primary macroeconomic factors driving the sector globally. Asia-Pacific was the leading region in 2017, whilst the Middle East & Africa is forecast to record the fastest value CAGR during 2017-2022.
- The report provides an overview of global and regional markets covering-Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Americas, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe-highlighting sector size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the region. It also identifies top ten high potential countries and provides deep dive analysis of top two countries in each region.
- The report draws on the sector data by analyzing key distribution channels for ice cream in the global market.
- Sector data is also used for studying the level of competition in the sector by identifying the top brands at a global and regional level with insights on sector shares of private label products. The report also includes insights on health & wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall ice cream sector at global and regional level during 2012-2022.
Reasons to buy
- To have a thorough fact based analysis with information about the global ice cream sector across the five regions in value terms and the underlying factors that are driving the sales
- To gain confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the global ice cream sector and to identify high potential countries over the next 5 years
- The analysts have placed a significant emphasis on the mega trends that drive consumer choice and will provide a clear picture about the future opportunities that can be explored across the region, resulting in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the ice cream sector at global and regional level with information about their sector share, business descriptions and product profiles.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary 6
2. Sector overview 9
Current scenario and future outlook
Global ice cream sector overview-what are the growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors
Regional ice cream sector overview-what are the growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors
Key challenges in the global ice cream sector
3. Shift in food consumption patterns 18
Change in consumption levels in the overall food industry, 2012-2021
Reasons for shift in consumption patterns
4. Identifying high potential countries 26
Analysis of 10 countries on the basis of risk-reward analysis (market assessment, economic development, Socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure)
5. Analysis across regions-Asia-Pacific, MEA, Americas, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe 34
High potential country analysis
6. Health & wellness analysis-global and regional level 95
7. Case studies 100
8. Competitive landscape 113
Leading brands by region
Leading brands by market
9. Market share of private label 116
10. Key distribution channels 119
Share of key distribution channels-global and regional level
11. Key packaging formats 121
Analysis on use of key package material, pack type, closure, and primary outer type
12. Appendix 124
List of Figures
Key markets by value (USD million), 2017 vs. 2022-Global 11
Key markets by value (USD million), 2017 vs. 2022-Asia-Pacific 12
Key markets by value (USD million), 2017 vs. 2022-Middle East & Africa 13
Key markets by value (USD million), 2017 vs. 2022-Americas 14
Key markets by value (USD million), 2017 vs. 2022-Western Europe 15
Key markets by value (USD million), 2017 vs. 2022-Eastern Europe 16
Contribution of each region to the growth of H&W market, 2017-2022 96
Key package material volume share (%), 2017 122
Annual volume growth by packaging material (%), 2012-2022 122
Key pack type volume share (%), 2017 122
Annual volume growth by pack type (%), 2012-2022 122
Key closure type volume share (%), 2017 123
Annual volume growth by closure type (%), 2012-2022 123
Key primary outer type volume share (%), 2017 123
Annual volume growth by primary outer (%), 2012-2022 123
List of Tables
Change in consumption levels in the overall food industry, 2012-2022 19
Change in consumption levels in the overall food industry-Asia-Pacific, 2012-2022 21
Change in consumption levels in the overall food industry-Middle East & Africa, 2012-2022 22
Change in consumption levels in the overall food industry -Americas, 2012-2022 23
Change in consumption levels in the overall food industry-Western Europe, 2012-2022 24
Change in consumption levels in the overall food industry-Eastern Europe, 2012-2022 25
Identifying high potential countries, risk-reward analysis 29
Ice cream markets with % value share-Thailand, 2017 37
Ice cream markets with % value share-India, 2017 41
Ice cream markets with % value share-Saudi Arabia, 2017 49
Ice cream markets with % value share-The US, 2017 57
Ice cream markets with % value share-Canada, 2017 61
Ice cream markets with % value share-Brazil, 2017 65
Ice cream markets with % value share-France, 2017 73
Ice cream markets with % value share -The Netherlands, 2017 77
Ice cream markets with % value share-Poland, 2017 85
Ice cream markets with % value share-Hungary, 2017 89
Health & wellness value and its share in overall sales, 2012-2022 95
Health & wellness analysis-key product attributes by region, 2017 97
Health & wellness analysis-key consumer benefits by region, 2017 98
Leading health & wellness companies by market share, 2017 99
Key brands-impulse ice cream-single serve, 2017 114
Key brands-take-home and bulk ice cream, 2017 115
Private label value and share by region, 2012- 2017 117
Private label value sales (USD million) and share (%) by market, 2017 118
Leading distribution channels by region (% share by value), 2017 120
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
San Miguel Corporation
Chomthana Co. Ltd
General Mills Inc
Wells Enterprises Inc.
Devyani Foods Industries Pvt. Ltd.
Havmor Ice Cream Limited
Saudia Dairy & Foodstuff Company
Mafad Trading Company
Arabian Food & Dairy Factories Co
Blue Bell Creameries
Dean Foods Co.
Loblaw Companies Limited
Companhia Brasileira De Distribuicao
Impulse ice cream - single serve, Artisanal ice cream, Take-home and bulk ice cream, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Food & Drinks Specialists, Convenience Stores, brand share, market share, packaging, materials, containers, volume share, value share, sugar free, Fairtrade,novel, gourmet experience, Artisanal producers
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"