Organic Food in Asia-Pacific
Organic Food in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Asia-Pacific organic food market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- Organic food is produce that has been independently certified to have been grown free of chemicals. Market values are taken at retail selling price (RSP). For the purposes of this report, eggs have been classified as part of the meat, fish and poultry segment. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using 2017 constant annual average exchange rates.
- The Asia-Pacific organic food market had total revenues of USD 11,171.9m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20.7% between 2013 and 2017.
- The fruit & vegetables segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 2,892.4m, equivalent to 25.9% of the market's overall value.
- Although the fruit and vegetables segment dominates the wider Asia-Pacific market, significant differences exist amongst national markets within this region. China for example does rank fruit and vegetables as its most popular segment. However in Japan the meat, fish & poultry segment is the largest due to the popularity of sea food in the country. Meanwhile in Singapore the fast paced nature of the city state results in prepared food segment being the largest.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the organic food market in Asia-Pacific
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the organic food market in Asia-Pacific
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key organic food market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Asia-Pacific organic food market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Asia-Pacific organic food market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Asia-Pacific organic food market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Asia-Pacific organic food market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Asia-Pacific's organic food market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 21
Aeon Co., Ltd. 21
Natural House 25
Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd. 26
Woolworths Limited 30
Industry associations 34
Related MarketLine research 34
About MarketLine 35
List of Figures
Figure 1: Asia-Pacific organic food market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Asia-Pacific organic food market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Asia-Pacific organic food market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Asia-Pacific organic food market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the organic food market in Asia-Pacific, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the organic food market in Asia-Pacific, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the organic food market in Asia-Pacific, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the organic food market in Asia-Pacific, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the organic food market in Asia-Pacific, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the organic food market in Asia-Pacific, 2017
Figure 11: Aeon Co., Ltd.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Aeon Co., Ltd.: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd.: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Woolworths Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Woolworths Limited: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Asia-Pacific organic food market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Asia-Pacific organic food market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: Asia-Pacific organic food market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Asia-Pacific organic food market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: Aeon Co., Ltd.: key facts
Table 6: Aeon Co., Ltd.: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Aeon Co., Ltd.: key financials (JPY)
Table 8: Aeon Co., Ltd.: key financial ratios
Table 9: Natural House: key facts
Table 10: Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd.: key facts
Table 11: Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd.: key financials (USD )
Table 12: Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd.: key financials (JPY)
Table 13: Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd.: key financial ratios
Table 14: Woolworths Limited: key facts
Table 15: Woolworths Limited: key financials (USD )
Table 16: Woolworths Limited: key financials (AUSD )
Table 17: Woolworths Limited: key financial ratios
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"