Organic Food in China
Organic Food in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the China organic food market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- Organic food is produce that has been independently certified to have been grown free of chemicals. Market values are taken at retail selling price (RSP). For the purposes of this report, eggs have been classified as part of the meat, fish and poultry segment. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using 2017 constant annual average exchange rates.
- The Chinese organic food market had total revenues of USD 7,951.2m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 30.5% between 2013 and 2017.
- The fruit & vegetables segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 2,555.7m, equivalent to 32.1% of the market's overall value.
- A series of government supported advertisement campaigns in China have aimed at increasing the awareness of the Chinese people with regards to healthy food consumption. This has boosted the growth of healthy and organic eating in the country especially among the country's fast growing middle class. Chinese today consume more than 40% of the world's total of fruit and vegetables.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the organic food market in China
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the organic food market in China
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key organic food market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the China organic food market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the China organic food market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the China organic food market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the China organic food market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up China's organic food market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 21
Carrefour SA 21
China Resources Enterprise Ltd 25
Dashang Co.,Ltd. 26
Macroeconomic Indicators 29
Country data 29
Industry associations 32
Related MarketLine research 32
About MarketLine 33
List of Figures
Figure 1: China organic food market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: China organic food market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: China organic food market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: China organic food market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the organic food market in China, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the organic food market in China, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the organic food market in China, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the organic food market in China, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the organic food market in China, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the organic food market in China, 2017
Figure 11: Carrefour SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Carrefour SA: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Dashang Co.,Ltd.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Dashang Co.,Ltd.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: China organic food market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: China organic food market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: China organic food market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: China organic food market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: Carrefour SA: key facts
Table 6: Carrefour SA: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Carrefour SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 8: Carrefour SA: key financial ratios
Table 9: China Resources Enterprise Ltd: key facts
Table 10: Dashang Co.,Ltd.: key facts
Table 11: Dashang Co.,Ltd.: key financials (USD )
Table 12: Dashang Co.,Ltd.: key financials (CNY)
Table 13: Dashang Co.,Ltd.: key financial ratios
Table 14: China size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 15: China gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 16: China gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: China inflation, 2013-17
Table 18: China consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 19: China exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"