Organic Food in Germany
Organic Food in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Germany organic food market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- Organic food is produce that has been independently certified to have been grown free of chemicals. Market values are taken at retail selling price (RSP). For the purposes of this report, eggs have been classified as part of the meat, fish and poultry segment. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using 2017 constant annual average exchange rates.
- The German organic food market had total revenues of USD 11,337.9m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.9% between 2013 and 2017.
- The fruit & vegetables segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 3,404.4m, equivalent to 30% of the market's overall value.
- Growing consumer interest in organic food products is having a significant impact on the wider German agricultural sector. For example in 2007 the organic agricultural area in Germany amounted to 865 ha. By 2017 this figure had increased to 1,376 ha. In total 12% of eggs and 8% of drinking milk consumed in Germany now is organically produced. Overall organic products accounted for 5.2% of all food items sold in the country in 2017 whereas in 2013 this figure stood at 4.3%.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the organic food market in Germany
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the organic food market in Germany
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key organic food market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Germany organic food market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Germany organic food market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Germany organic food market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Germany organic food market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Germany's organic food market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 16
Threat of substitutes 17
Degree of rivalry 18
Leading Companies 19
AlnaturA Produktions- und Handels GmbH 19
Edeka Zentrale AG & Co. KG 20
Metro AG 21
REWE Group 25
Macroeconomic Indicators 29
Country data 29
Industry associations 32
Related MarketLine research 32
About MarketLine 33
List of Figures
Figure 1: Germany organic food market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Germany organic food market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Germany organic food market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Germany organic food market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the organic food market in Germany, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the organic food market in Germany, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the organic food market in Germany, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the organic food market in Germany, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the organic food market in Germany, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the organic food market in Germany, 2017
Figure 11: Metro AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Metro AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: REWE Group: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: REWE Group: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Germany organic food market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Germany organic food market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: Germany organic food market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Germany organic food market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: AlnaturA Produktions- und Handels GmbH: key facts
Table 6: Edeka Zentrale AG & Co. KG: key facts
Table 7: Metro AG: key facts
Table 8: Metro AG: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Metro AG: key financials (EUR)
Table 10: Metro AG: key financial ratios
Table 11: REWE Group: key facts
Table 12: REWE Group: key financials (USD )
Table 13: REWE Group: key financials (EUR)
Table 14: REWE Group: key financial ratios
Table 15: Germany size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 16: Germany gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: Germany gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Germany inflation, 2013-17
Table 19: Germany consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 20: Germany exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"