Organic Food in Japan
Organic Food in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Japan organic food market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- Organic food is produce that has been independently certified to have been grown free of chemicals. Market values are taken at retail selling price (RSP). For the purposes of this report, eggs have been classified as part of the meat, fish and poultry segment. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using 2017 constant annual average exchange rates.
- The Japanese organic food market had total revenues of USD 1,189.5m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.8% between 2013 and 2017.
- The meat, fish & poultry segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 309.9m, equivalent to 26.1% of the market's overall value.
- Whereas the fruit and vegetable segment dominates most organic food markets across the globe, Japanese cuisine with its heavy focus on sea food means that in it the case of the Japanese market the meat, fish and poultry segment is the largest segment in terms of revenues.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the organic food market in Japan
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the organic food market in Japan
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key organic food market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan organic food market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Japan organic food market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Japan organic food market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan organic food market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Japan's organic food market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 21
Aeon Co., Ltd. 21
Lawson, Inc. 25
Natural House 29
Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd. 30
Macroeconomic Indicators 34
Country data 34
Industry associations 37
Related MarketLine research 37
About MarketLine 38
List of Figures
Figure 1: Japan organic food market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Japan organic food market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Japan organic food market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Japan organic food market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the organic food market in Japan, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the organic food market in Japan, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the organic food market in Japan, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the organic food market in Japan, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the organic food market in Japan, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the organic food market in Japan, 2017
Figure 11: Aeon Co., Ltd.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Aeon Co., Ltd.: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Lawson, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Lawson, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd.: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Japan organic food market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Japan organic food market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: Japan organic food market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Japan organic food market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: Aeon Co., Ltd.: key facts
Table 6: Aeon Co., Ltd.: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Aeon Co., Ltd.: key financials (JPY)
Table 8: Aeon Co., Ltd.: key financial ratios
Table 9: Lawson, Inc.: key facts
Table 10: Lawson, Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 11: Lawson, Inc.: key financials (JPY)
Table 12: Lawson, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 13: Natural House: key facts
Table 14: Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd.: key facts
Table 15: Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd.: key financials (USD )
Table 16: Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd.: key financials (JPY)
Table 17: Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd.: key financial ratios
Table 18: Japan size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 19: Japan gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 20: Japan gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: Japan inflation, 2013-17
Table 22: Japan consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 23: Japan exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"