Netscribes' latest market research report titled Pizza Market in India 2015 describes the dynamics of pizza consumption in India. Pizzas represent a growing food segment in India, which attract a lot of foreign players' participation. Vegetarian pizza is highly popular in India and new varieties such as vegan and gluten-free items are a relatively new addition in the product portfolio. The market is dominated by Jubilant FoodWorks and Yum Brands who own the widely recognizable brands such as Dominos and Pizza Hut respectively. Competition in the pizza segment is getting intense with players significantly ramping up their presence across Tier-II and Tier-III cities of India, and introducing variety in their product offering.
Demand for pizza in India is driven by a gradual increase in disposable income of Indian consumers, coupled with a burgeoning young population segment with growing preference towards pizzas. Pizza companies in India frequently come up with attractive and competitive marketing campaigns, which results in increased viewership and footfall in pizza outlets. However, health issues such as obesity related to over-consumption of pizzas prompts parents to advise their wards to reduce expenditure on pizzas. The industry is characterized by a growing number of pizza outlets, differentiated product offering including home deliveries, online ordering and expansion in product portfolio.
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2011-12-2014-15), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013-Nov-Dec 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013-Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Apr 2014-Sep 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2011-12-2014-15), Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11-2013-14), FDI: Annual (2009-10-2012-13)
Slide 5-7: Market Overview-India
Drivers and Challenges
Slide 8: Drivers and Challenges-Summary
Slide 9-12: Drivers
Slide 13-14: Challenges
Slide 15: Trends-Summary
Slide 16-19: Trends
Slide 20: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 21-24: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 25-29: Major Public Players
Slide 30-49: Major Private Players
Slide 50-53: Consumer Insights
Slide 54-55: Recommendations
Slide 56: Recent Developments
Slide 57: Key Ratios Description
Slide 58: Sources of Information
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2011-12-2014-15)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013-Nov-Dec 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013-Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Apr 2014-Sep 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Market Overview (India)-Market Size and Growth (Value-wise; 2014-2019e)
2. Market Share of Brands in the Organized Pizza Market in India (2013)
3. Share of Vegetarian Pizza in Total Sales of Domino's
4. Share of Vegetarian Pizza in Total Sales of Pizza Hut
Drivers and Challenges
1. Aggregate Consumption (Percentage-wise; 2005, 2015e, 2025e)
2. Aggregate Disposable Income (Percentage-wise; 2005, 2015e, 2025e)
3. Indian Population in the Age Group of 15-34 (Volume-wise; 2011-2021e)
4. Growth in Urban Population (Volume-wise; 2001-2021e)
5. Growth in Television Industry (Value-wise; 2010-2013)
6. Development of Print Media (Value-wise; 2010-2013)
1. Projected Breakup of Organized F&B service (2015)
2. Share of Online Orders in Revenue-Domino's (2013-14)
3. Growth in Number of Domino's Pizza Restaurants (Volume-wise; 2011-2014)
1. Competitive Benchmarking-Key Ratios of Top 3 Companies-Operational Basis (FY 2014)
2. Competitive Benchmarking-Key Ratios of Top 3 Companies-Financial Basis (FY 2014)
3. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Ownership Structure
b. Financial Snapshot
c. Key Business Segments (Public Companies)
d. Key Geographic Segments (Public Companies)
1. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (All Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios (All Companies)
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
2. Sources of Information
1. Jubilant FoodWorks Ltd.
1. Om Pizzas and Eats India Pvt. Ltd.
2. Smokin' Joe's Pizza Pvt. Ltd.
3. United Restaurants Ltd.
4. Yum Restaurants (India) Pvt. Ltd.
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"