Consumer lifecycle (related to appeal to limited demographics) is a factor with critical significance for the ability to retain consumers and sustain sales in categories across FMCG. This is particularly the case in meal kits or snacking options targeted at kids, where product relevance and appeal diminish into the teenage years. Therefore, growth opportunities can be cultivated with the correct implementation of "aging up" strategies to appeal to older demographics and their specific needs.
- Lunchables Uploaded highlights that opportunities can stem from aging up (or down) established products if the content and messaging are matched to the needs of different age groups. Products such as meal kits, beverages, personal care items, and packaging all have potential for tailoring appeal to age groups that fall outside the original target.
- Although the "Uploaded" tag could be described as a cliche in terms of trying to build teen appeal, the overall strategy clearly resonated with the intended audience. Uploaded also successfully conveyed secondary meanings in the form of the upsizing ("loading up") of the product and aging it up from kids to teens.
- The health trend has become the lynchpin of modern consumer market development in many areas. However, it is wise to remember that it is not a universal consideration. In the Lunchables Uploaded example, the criticism the brand receives on health grounds is washing over it because it is less relevant to target consumers and consumption occasions.
- Success: Lunchables Uploaded is part of Canadean's Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of Oscar Mayer's teen-focused meal kits.
- It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
Reasons To Buy
- Use Canadean's selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Kraft Foods Inc
Success, failure, CPG, FMCG, innovation, Oscar Mayer, Kraft Foods, Lunchables Uploaded, Lunchables, P3, Portable Protein Pack, packaging, health, demographics, teens, young adults, kids, health, wellness, sizing up, upsizing, portion control, sodium, brand identity, skepticism, trust, strategy, strategic, celebrity marketing, aging up,
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"
I am pleased to see the very useful and productive information in the report..Very well structured great presentation reflect professionalism in your research studies.... "Mustafa Masood, Financial Analyst , Coldwell Banker Riyadh"
While we still are studying and analysing your reports about Vietnam & Thailand, we would like to convey to your research team that they have done a very good job in compiling so much of information together. We hope to see more of such well researched reports. All the best & keep it up. ... "Prashant Bhagwat,General Manager, Mahindra"
We would like to appreciate Ken Research for their great efforts and wonderful support in providing the Market Intelligence Report for ITPC. The information, statistics and research are well understandable and very clear to the point. We are happy with Ken research for their good client service, on-time delivery of the report and as said the report itself. Thank you Ken research for bringing the valuable output for us. We would be looking forward to have more research with you in the near future. Wish you a success in your business!... "Jestin Mathew, Indonesian Trade Promotion Center"