Success Case Study: Fuel10K-Delivering added protein benefits via traditional and contemporary breakfast options
Created by marketers Barney Mauleverer and Alex Matheson, Fuel10K is a breakfast range including traditional cereals and on-the-go drinks that is centered on "high-protein" and "low-sugar" claims. Within weeks of launch, it had secured distribution through 1,500 UK supermarkets.
Breakfast drinks and related alternatives are a growing opportunity within the context of fragmenting or missed breakfast occasions, with opportunities for big players and new upstarts to disrupt the marketplace with creatively branded and marketed products that meet more on-the-go lifestyle needs.
- Functionality can help consumers to reprioritize eating breakfast if they feel they are getting some extra value from it. It can also make on-the-go breakfast products more appealing by giving them demonstrable health value.
- A protein-boosted breakfast product is often likely to take an on-the-go form, where the core message is a functional benefit fitting around lifestyle needs.
- Simplicity and ease of preparation and consumption are important aspects in attracting consumers to functional food and drink products. Especially in the pressured breakfast context, consumers are less likely to embrace products that add complexity, even for positive nutritional benefits.
Reasons to buy
- Use GlobalData's selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Breakfast, breakfast drinks, cereals, on-the-go, convenience, health, wellness, snacking, meal skipping, occasions, Fuel 10K
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"