Cigarettes in Ghana, 2018
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Cigarettes in Ghana, 2018
"Cigarettes in Ghana, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Ghana.
Smoking has traditionally been widespread, tax increases driving up prices, and increased restrictions on public smoking. There are currently 0.84 million adults smoking regularly or occasionally, with 10.5% of adult male and 0.4% female smokers in 2017, or 5.3% of the adult population. In per capita terms, legitimate consumption now averages around 47pieces in 2017, compared with 85 pieces in 2000 and 107 pieces in 1990.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2017 to 2027.
- Market volume in 2017 was 1.3 billion pieces
- In per capita terms, Ghanan consumers consumed an average of 47 cigarettes in 2017.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change-favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 6
3. Market Structure 10
4. Manufacturers & Brands 12
5. Taxation & Retail 16
5.1. Taxation 16
5.2. Retail Prices 17
6. The Smoking Population 18
7. Production & Trade 21
7.1. Production 21
7.2. Imports 23
7.3. Exports 25
8. Operating constraints 27
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 27
8.2. Health Warnings 27
8.3. Government Restrictions 29
9. Prospects & Forecasts 30
10. Appendix 32
10.1. What is this Report About? 32
10.2. Time Frame 32
10.3. Product Category Coverage 32
10.4. Methodology 33
10.5. About GlobalData 35
10.6. Disclaimer 36
10.7. Contact Us 37
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 33
Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance 35
List Of Table
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017 7
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017 9
Table 3: Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 2006-2016, Million Pieces 10
Table 4: Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 2006-2016, % 10
Table 5: Market Breakdown by Cigarette Length, %, 2006-2016 10
Table 6: Market Breakdown by Blend, %, 2006-2016 11
Table 7: Market Breakdown by Pack Type, %, 2006-2016 11
Table 8: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2017, Million Pieces 13
Table 9: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, %, 2000-2017 14
Table 10: Excise Rates, 2008 & 2009, Cedi/Stick 16
Table 11: Retail Prices, Alcohol & Tobacco, % change, 2003-2016 17
Table 12: Smoking Population, 1990-2017 19
Table 13: Cigarette Use by Age & Sex, 2014, % 19
Table 14: Cigarette Production, Million Pieces, 1990-2006 22
Table 15: Cigarette Imports, Million Pieces, 1990-2016 24
Table 16: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2006-2016, Million Pieces 25
Table 17: Cigarette Exports, Million Pieces, 1996-2016 26
Table 18: Consumption Forecasts, Million Pieces, 2017-2027 31
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Cigarettes, Ghana, consumption, pieces, production, market volume, imports, exports, per capita, forecast, retail distribution, taxation, smoking population