Cigarettes in Paraguay, 2018
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Cigarettes in Paraguay, 2018
"Cigarettes in Paraguay, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Paraguay market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
The true size and structure of the Paraguayan cigarette market has been very difficult to determine due to the existence of a parallel trade, especially in recent years. Although considerable volumes of cigarettes are produced and sold legally in Paraguay, many are ultimately destined for informal export to neighboring countries, in particular Brazil and Argentina. Tabesa is the leading domestic producer, although overall volumes are significantly ahead of what is consumed locally.
- Legitimate, domestic duty-paid consumption was estimated at four billion pieces in 2015, but overall legitimate industry sales in Paraguay, including sales destined for parallel export, are estimated at some 28-30 billion pieces.
- There has been a decline in smoking as a result of the recent measures with the smoking population estimated at 19.9% in 2017.
- Per capita consumption rates are moderately high by South American standards.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes-prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 7
4. Market Structure 13
5. Manufacturers & Brands 15
6. Taxation & Retail Prices 19
6.1. Taxation & Retail 19
7. The Smoking Population 20
8. Production and Trade 22
8.1. Production 22
8.2. Imports 25
8.3. Exports 28
9. Operating Constraints 32
9.1. Advertising Restrictions 32
9.2. Health Warnings 32
9.3. Other Restrictions 33
10. Company Profiles 34
11. Prospects & Forecasts 37
12. Appendix 39
12.1. What is this Report About? 39
12.2. Time Frame 40
12.3. Product Category Coverage 40
12.4. Methodology 40
12.5. About GlobalData 42
12.6. Disclaimer 43
12.7. Contact Us 44
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 40
Figure 2: GlobalData at a Glance 42
List Of Table
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017 10
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017 12
Table 3: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, Million Pieces, 2003-2017 17
Table 4: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, % of Total, 2003-2017 18
Table 5: Smoking Population, 1990-2017 21
Table 6: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016, million pieces 23
Table 7: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2017 26
Table 8: Cigarettes Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2017, Million Pieces 27
Table 9: Cigarettes Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2017, % 27
Table 10: Cigarette Exports 1993-2017 29
Table 11: Cigarette exports by Country of Destination, 2007-2017, Volume (Million Pieces) 30
Table 12: Cigarette exports by Country of Destination,2007-2017, % 31
Table 13: Company Profile: Tabacalera del Este SA (Tabesa) 34
Table 14: Company Profile: Philip Morris Paraguay SA 35
Table 15: Company profile: BAT Paraguay SA 36
Table 16: Consumption Forecasts to 2017-2027, Million Pieces 38
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Paraguay, tobacco, cigarettes, smoking, production, imports, exports, companies, international brands, costs