Cigars and Cigarillos in Netherlands, 2018
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Cigars and Cigarillos in Netherlands, 2018
"Cigars and Cigarillos in Netherlands, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Netherlands.
The Netherlands is historically one of the most important cigar markets in Europe, despite its relatively small population, with sales reaching 386 million pieces in 2015. The country has a large smoking population and is a major manufacturer and exporter of cigars and cigarillos. However, the cigar market has been declining in recent years as domestic consumers are increasingly concerned about the negative health implications of tobacco products, which has lowered per capita consumption from a high of 20.23 in 2007 to 19.18 in 2016. Regardless, the cigar market is still buoyant and is expected to maintain a sizeable portion of the entire tobacco market in the Netherlands in the medium and long term.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2017 to 2027.
- The Netherlands is one of Europe's most important markets for tobacco products. Total volumes were 17,323 tons in 2017, although this compares with 26,916 tons in 2007, a fall of 35.6%.
- Cigars are a small segment of the market when compared with sales of cigarettes and smoking tobacco, both of which are sizeable. As a share of the total market, only 4.4% of tonnage sales are forecast as cigars or cigarillos in 2017.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change-favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Tobacco products market, %, 2007 & 2017
Tobacco products market, tons, 2007-2017
Market size and structure
Cigars & Cigarillos Consumption, Million Pieces, 2010-2017
Per Capita Consumption, Pieces Per Year, 2007-2017
Cigars & Cigarillos: Market Segmentation, 2010 -2017
Total Per Capita Consumption of Cigarillos, 2007-2017
Total Per Capita Consumption of Cigars, 2007-2017
Cigarillos: Market Segmentation, 2007-2017
Cigars & Cigarillos: Segmentation by Type, Volume, %, 2000-2008, 2012, 2015 & 2016
Aromatic/Filter Cigars/Cigarillos, %, 2011-2016
Cigars & Cigarillos: Retail Sales Trends, 2000-2015
Production and trade
Production of Cigars & Cigarillos, 1990-2005, 2007 & 2012-2014
Imports, Tons, 2009-2016
Imports by Country of Origin, Top Countries, %, 2016
Imports of Cigars & Cigarillos, Volume, Tons, 2006-2016
Imports of Cigars & Cigarillos, EUR'000, 2006-2016
Exports, Tons, 2006-2016
Cigars & Cigarillos: Export Orientation, 2000-2007
Exports by Country of Destination, Top Countries, %, 2016
Exports of Cigars & Cigarillos, Volume, Tons, 2006-2016
Exports of Cigars & Cigarillos, EUR '000, 2006-2016
Taxation and retail prices
Summary of Tax Rates on Cigars & Cigarillos, 2017
EU: Fine Cut Tobacco, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2017
Retail Prices List, Top Four Brands, 2014
Retail Prices List, Top Four Brands, 2014 (Cont'd.)
Manufacturers and brands
Cigars & Cigarillos: Manufacturer Shares, Volume, %, 2006-2016
Cigars & Cigarillos: Manufacturer Shares (Including Direct Sales), 2013
Cigars & Cigarillos: Brand Family Shares, %, 2000-2010 & 2013-16
The smoking population
Adult Smoking Prevalence by Gender, %, 2006-2016
Smoking Prevalence by Age & Gender, 2005-2009
Smoking Prevalence by Age, 2013
Prevalence of Smoking by Type of Product, 2007 & 2008
Smoking Prevalence by Socio-Economic Background, 2001-2009
Heath warnings and labeling requirements
Cigars & Cigarillos: Sales by Outlet, %, 2005-2016
Prospects and forecasts
Cigars & Cigarillos Consumption, Million Pieces, 2017-2027
Per Capita Consumption, Pieces Per Year, 2017-2027
Market Forecasts, 2017-2027
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Cigars, Cigarillos, Netherlands, consumption, pieces, production, market volume, imports, exports, per capita, forecast, retail distribution, taxation, smoking population