Global Tobacco industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The tobacco market consists of the retail sale of cigarettes, cigars and cigarillos, smokeless tobacco, and smoking tobacco. The cigarettes segment consists of filter cigarettes and plain cigarettes. The cigars and cigarillos segment comprises large cigars and small cigars. Similarly, the smokeless tobacco segment consists of pipe tobacco and fine cut tobacco (FCT) and the smoking tobacco segment includes snuff/snus and chewing tobacco products. The market is valued according to retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. All currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant annual average 2017 exchange rates.
- The global tobacco market had total revenues of USD 609.6bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.5% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume declined with a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -1.8% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 4,603.7 billion pieces in 2017.
- Several socio-economic challenges, such as stringent government policies, rising health consciousness, the increasing popularity of substitutes, and an economic slowdown largely affected the global tobacco market during the review period.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the tobacco market in the global
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the globaltobacco market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key tobacco market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Global tobacco market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Global tobacco market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Global tobacco market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Global tobacco market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in the global's tobacco market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market share 13
Market distribution 14
Market Outlook 15
Market value forecast 15
Market volume forecast 16
Five Forces Analysis 17
Buyer power 18
Supplier power 19
New entrants 20
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 23
British American Tobacco p.l.c. 23
China National Tobacco Corporation 27
Japan Tobacco Inc. 28
Philip Morris International Inc. 31
Industry associations 35
Related MarketLine research 35
About MarketLine 36
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global tobacco market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Global tobacco market volume: million pieces, 2013-17
Figure 3: Global tobacco market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Global tobacco market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Global tobacco market share: % share, by volume, 2017
Figure 6: Global tobacco market distribution: % share, by volume, 2017
Figure 7: Global tobacco market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 8: Global tobacco market volume forecast: million pieces, 2017-22
Figure 9: Forces driving competition in the global tobacco market, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of buyer power in the global tobacco market, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of supplier power in the global tobacco market, 2017
Figure 12: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global tobacco market, 2017
Figure 13: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global tobacco market, 2017
Figure 14: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global tobacco market, 2017
Figure 15: British American Tobacco p.l.c.: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: British American Tobacco p.l.c.: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Japan Tobacco Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Japan Tobacco Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 19: Philip Morris International Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 20: Philip Morris International Inc.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Global tobacco market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Global tobacco market volume: million pieces, 2013-17
Table 3: Global tobacco market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Global tobacco market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 5: Global tobacco market share: % share, by volume, 2017
Table 6: Global tobacco market distribution: % share, by volume, 2017
Table 7: Global tobacco market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 8: Global tobacco market volume forecast: million pieces, 2017-22
Table 9: British American Tobacco p.l.c.: key facts
Table 10: British American Tobacco p.l.c.: key financials (USD )
Table 11: British American Tobacco p.l.c.: key financials (GBP)
Table 12: British American Tobacco p.l.c.: key financial ratios
Table 13: China National Tobacco Corporation: key facts
Table 14: Japan Tobacco Inc.: key facts
Table 15: Japan Tobacco Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 16: Japan Tobacco Inc.: key financials (JPY)
Table 17: Japan Tobacco Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 18: Philip Morris International Inc.: key facts
Table 19: Philip Morris International Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 20: Philip Morris International Inc.: key financial ratios
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
British American Tobacco p.l.c.
China National Tobacco Corporation
Japan Tobacco Inc.
Philip Morris International Inc.
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"