The Impact of Plain Packaging on Tobacco Products: Exploring the effects of plain packaging on consumer shopping behavior and opportunities for key industry players
This report outlines the reasons behind anti-tobacco legislation, and why plain packaging has been embraced by some governments as the next step in battling tobacco usage. The motivations and methods for introducing plain packaging in the various countries that have done so so far, as well as other major markets, are analyzed for the likelihood that they will introduce plain packaging in the future. The report also looks at whether plain packaging has proven to be an effective way of encouraging existing smokers to quit or stopping new ones from taking up the habit, and how tobacco companies can mitigate against its impact.
This report outlines the nature and extent of plain packaging legislation against tobacco around the world, and examines its possible application in other industries.
- At the time of publication, nine countries around the world had plain packaging legislation in place. Countries with a higher level of public health expenditure are more likely to have an intention to introduce plain packaging legislation.
- Early signs in the countries that have introduced plain packaging are that it has a small effect in encouraging existing smokers to quit, and in discouraging occasional smokers from using tobacco.
- Plain packaging is likely to lead to smokers becoming less brand loyal, creating opportunities to companies' to gain market share with good products and low prices.
- Tobacco companies can protect themselves by creating products at the value end of the market, or diversifying into tobacco alternative products.
Reasons to buy
- Understand a major regulatory development with implications for a variety of consumer goods sectors.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 4
2. Consumer Impact 15
3. Industry Effects 18
4. The Future for Plain Packaging 22
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
CPG, FMCG, innovation, Tobacco, Cigarettes, Cigars, Cigarillos, Smoking Tobacco, E-Cigarettes, E-Cigarette Liquid, Authenticity, Regulation, Health and Wellness
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"