Tobacco in Brazil
Tobacco in Brazil industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The tobacco market consists of the retail sale of cigarettes, cigars and cigarillos, smokeless tobacco, and smoking tobacco. The cigarettes segment consists of filter cigarettes and plain cigarettes. The cigars and cigarillos segment comprises large cigars and small cigars. Similarly, the smokeless tobacco segment consists of pipe tobacco and fine cut tobacco (FCT) and the smoking tobacco segment includes snuff/snus and chewing tobacco products. The market is valued according to retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. All currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant annual average 2017 exchange rates.
- The Brazilian tobacco market had total revenues of USD 3,432.2m in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -4.7% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume declined with a CARC of -9.0% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 53,000.0 million pieces in 2017.
- The economic downturn during the review period affected the tobacco market significantly.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the tobacco market in Brazil
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the tobacco market in Brazil
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key tobacco market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Brazil tobacco market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Brazil tobacco market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Brazil tobacco market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Brazil tobacco market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Brazil's tobacco market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market share 13
Market distribution 14
Market Outlook 15
Market value forecast 15
Market volume forecast 16
Five Forces Analysis 17
Buyer power 18
Supplier power 19
New entrants 20
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 23
British American Tobacco p.l.c. 23
Philip Morris International Inc. 27
Macroeconomic Indicators 30
Country data 30
Industry associations 33
Related MarketLine research 33
About MarketLine 34
List of Figures
Figure 1: Brazil tobacco market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Brazil tobacco market volume: million pieces, 2013-17
Figure 3: Brazil tobacco market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Brazil tobacco market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Brazil tobacco market share: % share, by volume, 2017
Figure 6: Brazil tobacco market distribution: % share, by volume, 2017
Figure 7: Brazil tobacco market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 8: Brazil tobacco market volume forecast: million pieces, 2017-22
Figure 9: Forces driving competition in the tobacco market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of buyer power in the tobacco market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of supplier power in the tobacco market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 12: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the tobacco market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 13: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the tobacco market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 14: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the tobacco market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 15: British American Tobacco p.l.c.: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: British American Tobacco p.l.c.: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Philip Morris International Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Philip Morris International Inc.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Brazil tobacco market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Brazil tobacco market volume: million pieces, 2013-17
Table 3: Brazil tobacco market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Brazil tobacco market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 5: Brazil tobacco market share: % share, by volume, 2017
Table 6: Brazil tobacco market distribution: % share, by volume, 2017
Table 7: Brazil tobacco market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 8: Brazil tobacco market volume forecast: million pieces, 2017-22
Table 9: British American Tobacco p.l.c.: key facts
Table 10: British American Tobacco p.l.c.: key financials (USD )
Table 11: British American Tobacco p.l.c.: key financials (GBP)
Table 12: British American Tobacco p.l.c.: key financial ratios
Table 13: Philip Morris International Inc.: key facts
Table 14: Philip Morris International Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 15: Philip Morris International Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 16: Brazil size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 17: Brazil gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Brazil gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 19: Brazil inflation, 2013-17
Table 20: Brazil consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 21: Brazil exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
British American Tobacco p.l.c.
Philip Morris International Inc.
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"