Tobacco Company Profile-NKGTC, 2018
"Tobacco Company Profile-NKGTC, 2018", is an analytical company report by GlobaData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the cigarette market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption.
North Korean General Tobacco Corporation (NKGTC) is the state-owned tobacco monopoly organization in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea). It has traditionally dominated the cigarette market in North Korea, which was created in 1948 after the Korean War. Although a meeting with the US in June 2018 signaled that some improvement in international relations is likely, the country remains shunned by many international neighbors.
- A ban on the legitimate import of cigarettes, which was imposed by the country in 2014, effectively means the market is closed to foreign manufacturers unless they are involved with local joint ventures.
- There are three major cigarette factories operated by NKGTC, although the company is also understood to operate a number of others around the country.
- NKGTC sales were estimated at 8.6 billion pieces in 2017, almost entirely derived from the domestic market.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes-prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 5
2. Key Company Facts 6
3. Corporate Structure 7
3.1. Ownership 7
3.2. Organisation 8
4. Business Profile Review 9
4.1. Overview 9
4.2. North Korea 11
4.3. International Markets 15
5. Company Strengths, Strategies & Performance 17
6. Appendix 19
6.1. What is this Report About? 19
6.2. Product Category Coverage 20
6.3. Methodology 21
6.4. About GlobalData 23
6.5. Disclaimer 24
6.6. Contact Us 25
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 21
Figure 2: Global Data at a glance 23
List of Tables
Table 1: Key Company Facts 6
Table 2: NKGTC: Global Cigarette Sales & Share, 2000-2017 10
Table 3: NKGTC: Market Size, Company Share & Sales Volume, 2000-2016 11
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
North Korean General Tobacco Corporation
NKGTC, tobacco, Cigarettes, smoking, production, imports, exports, companies, international brands, costs
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"