Tobacco Company Profile - NKGTC, 2018
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Tobacco Company Profile-NKGTC, 2018
"Tobacco Company Profile-NKGTC, 2018", is an analytical company report by GlobaData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the cigarette market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption.
North Korean General Tobacco Corporation (NKGTC) is the state-owned tobacco monopoly organization in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea). It has traditionally dominated the cigarette market in North Korea, which was created in 1948 after the Korean War. Although a meeting with the US in June 2018 signaled that some improvement in international relations is likely, the country remains shunned by many international neighbors.
- A ban on the legitimate import of cigarettes, which was imposed by the country in 2014, effectively means the market is closed to foreign manufacturers unless they are involved with local joint ventures.
- There are three major cigarette factories operated by NKGTC, although the company is also understood to operate a number of others around the country.
- NKGTC sales were estimated at 8.6 billion pieces in 2017, almost entirely derived from the domestic market.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes-prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 5
2. Key Company Facts 6
3. Corporate Structure 7
3.1. Ownership 7
3.2. Organisation 8
4. Business Profile Review 9
4.1. Overview 9
4.2. North Korea 11
4.3. International Markets 15
5. Company Strengths, Strategies & Performance 17
6. Appendix 19
6.1. What is this Report About? 19
6.2. Product Category Coverage 20
6.3. Methodology 21
6.4. About GlobalData 23
6.5. Disclaimer 24
6.6. Contact Us 25
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 21
Figure 2: Global Data at a glance 23
List Of Table
List of Tables
Table 1: Key Company Facts 6
Table 2: NKGTC: Global Cigarette Sales & Share, 2000-2017 10
Table 3: NKGTC: Market Size, Company Share & Sales Volume, 2000-2016 11
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
NKGTC, tobacco, Cigarettes, smoking, production, imports, exports, companies, international brands, costs
North Korean General Tobacco Corporation