Tobacco in India
Tobacco in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The tobacco market consists of the retail sale of cigarettes, cigars and cigarillos, smokeless tobacco, and smoking tobacco. The cigarettes segment consists of filter cigarettes and plain cigarettes. The cigars and cigarillos segment comprises large cigars and small cigars. Similarly, the smokeless tobacco segment consists of pipe tobacco and fine cut tobacco (FCT) and the smoking tobacco segment includes snuff/snus and chewing tobacco products. The market is valued according to retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. All currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant annual average 2017 exchange rates.
- The Indian tobacco market had total revenues of USD 13,288.5m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.4% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume declined with a CARC of -3.4% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 96,000.0 million pieces in 2017.
- Government initiatives to curb tobacco consumption, as well as rising health consciousness, is primarily affecting market growth.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the tobacco market in India
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the tobacco market in India
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key tobacco market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the India tobacco market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the India tobacco market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the India tobacco market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the India tobacco market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in India's tobacco market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market share 13
Market distribution 14
Market Outlook 15
Market value forecast 15
Market volume forecast 16
Five Forces Analysis 17
Buyer power 18
Supplier power 19
New entrants 20
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 23
Dalmia Bros. Pvt. Ltd. 23
Godfrey Phillips India Ltd 24
ITC Limited 27
VST Industries Ltd 31
Macroeconomic Indicators 34
Country data 34
Industry associations 37
Related MarketLine research 37
About MarketLine 38
List of Figures
Figure 1: India tobacco market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: India tobacco market volume: million pieces, 2013-17
Figure 3: India tobacco market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: India tobacco market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: India tobacco market share: % share, by volume, 2017
Figure 6: India tobacco market distribution: % share, by volume, 2017
Figure 7: India tobacco market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 8: India tobacco market volume forecast: million pieces, 2017-22
Figure 9: Forces driving competition in the tobacco market in India, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of buyer power in the tobacco market in India, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of supplier power in the tobacco market in India, 2017
Figure 12: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the tobacco market in India, 2017
Figure 13: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the tobacco market in India, 2017
Figure 14: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the tobacco market in India, 2017
Figure 15: Godfrey Phillips India Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Godfrey Phillips India Ltd: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: ITC Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: ITC Limited: assets & liabilities
Figure 19: VST Industries Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 20: VST Industries Ltd: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: India tobacco market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: India tobacco market volume: million pieces, 2013-17
Table 3: India tobacco market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: India tobacco market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 5: India tobacco market share: % share, by volume, 2017
Table 6: India tobacco market distribution: % share, by volume, 2017
Table 7: India tobacco market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 8: India tobacco market volume forecast: million pieces, 2017-22
Table 9: Dalmia Bros. Pvt. Ltd.: key facts
Table 10: Godfrey Phillips India Ltd: key facts
Table 11: Godfrey Phillips India Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 12: Godfrey Phillips India Ltd: key financials (Rs.)
Table 13: Godfrey Phillips India Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 14: ITC Limited: key facts
Table 15: ITC Limited: key financials (USD )
Table 16: ITC Limited: key financials (Rs.)
Table 17: ITC Limited: key financial ratios
Table 18: VST Industries Ltd: key facts
Table 19: VST Industries Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 20: VST Industries Ltd: key financials (Rs.)
Table 21: VST Industries Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 22: India size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 23: India gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 24: India gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 25: India inflation, 2013-17
Table 26: India consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 27: India exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Dalmia Bros. Pvt. Ltd.
Godfrey Phillips India Ltd
VST Industries Ltd
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"