High Incidence Rate of DVT/PE across the Globe is Expected to Fuel the Anticoagulants Market in Future
Posted on 10 January 2017 by KenResearch Healthcare,
· Future growth of global anticoagulantsmarket is expected to be led by high incidence rate of DVT/PE and other cardiac diseases across the globe.
· Bayer AG, Sanofi, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Boehringer Ingelheim, Pfizer, Inc. and Bristol-Myers Squibb are major players operating in the market. Bayer AG is observed as the dominating players among owing to high demand for Xarelto.
· North America region was the major revenue contributor in anticoagulants market in 2015 owing to the high prevalence, awareness about the disease and economic stability of the people to undergo expensive treatment options.
Ken Research announced its latest publication on “Global Anticoagulants Market Outlook to 2020 - Demand for Patented NOACs with Prevalence of Cardiac Diseases to Drive Global Market” provides a comprehensive analysis of the anticoagulants market. The report includes the cumulative revenue generated by the market players from the sales of anticoagulants, including both generic and patented drugs at manufacturer’s price and market share contributed by the sales of heparin, NOACs, Vitamin K Antagonists, and Injectable Direct Inhibitors in the total anticoagulants market. Further, the market in the study is differentiated on the basis of route of administration into oral and injectable. The market is also segmented by four geographical regions across the globe - North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World.Detailed snapshot on key regions of the Market which includes North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific is included in the report to elucidate facts about the market in detail. The study also highlights the detailed information about major drug manufacturers in the global anticoagulants market and their respective shares by revenue in 2015. Analysis on patented drugs available in the market and their approval procedure, timeline, and expected expiries is provided in report to assist new entrants in understanding the market before investing in the market. Various marketing analysis factors such as trends and developments and Porter’s five forces analysis are also added in the study for clear understanding about the factors responsible for present scenario of the market. The future analysis of overall global anticoagulants market has also been discussed along with recommendations from analyst view.
High incidence rate of DVT (deep vein thrombosis) and PE (pulmonary embolism) globally, leading to large patient population and anticoagulants being an important part of the first-line treatment has observed a high growth in between 2013 and 2015. It has been estimated that approximately 900,000 people get affected by DVT/PE in the US every year. Similarly, it has been observed that there were 2.300 deaths in UK due to PE in year 2012, which accounts for 2% of total deaths in UK. Moreover, 47,594 cases of PE were reported in UK in one year of period in between 2013 and 2014. The annual incidence of PE is also observed high in Scandinavia and Australia with estimated value of 1.8 cases per 1,000 population and 0.31 cases per 1,000 people respectively. The number is even expected to increase during the forecast period, which will consequently result in high demand for anticoagulants for treatment purpose, hence driving the market.
“In order to penetrate into the growing anticoagulants market, the market players could plan to invest in emerging economies especially India and China. The companies should expand their marketing and sales initiatives in these countries for better distribution and margins. Bayer entered into joint venture with Zydus to market Xarelto in India successfully. Other players can also follow same approach.” according to Research Analyst, Ken Research.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
• The market size of Global Anticoagulants Market
• Market segmentation of Global Anticoagulants Market By Type – Heparins, Novel Oral Anticoagulants, Injectable Direct Inhibitors, and Vitamin K Antagonists; By Route of Administration – Oral and Injectables; By Geographical Regions – North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World
• Snapshot on North America Anticoagulants Market
• Snapshot on Europe Anticoagulants Market
• Snapshot on Asia Pacific Anticoagulants Market
• Porter’s Five Forces Analysis for Global Anticoagulants Market
• Trends and Developments in Global Anticoagulants Market
• NOACs Drug Approval Timeline
• NOACs Patent Expiries
• Competitive landscape and Detailed Company Profiles of the major market players
• Future Outlook and Projections of Global Anticoagulants Market
• Analyst Recommendations
• Macro-economic Factors Impacting the Global Anticoagulants Market
Key Products Mentioned in the Report
Key Market Players Covered in the Report:
• Pfizer, Inc.
• Boehringer Ingelheim
• Bayer AG
• Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
• Daichi Sankyo Company, Limited
• Janssen Pharmaceuticals
For more information about the publication, refer to below link:
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications