CVS Health Corp (CVS)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
CVS Health Cor (CVS) is a pharmacy innovation company. It is an integrated prescription and related health services provider. The company offers wide range of products and services such as prescription medications; health care products; popular beauty, health and personal care brands; retail-based health clinical services; and pharmacy benefit management services. The company offers these products and services through the pharmacy benefit management, mail order and specialty pharmacy division, CVS HealthPharmacy Services; Longs Drugs and Drogaria Onofre retail stores; health clinic subsidiary, MinuteClinic, and online retail pharmacies, CVS.com. The company operates medical clinics in the US, Puerto Rico, and District of Columbia. CVS is headquartered in Woonsocket, Rhode Island, the US.
CVS Health Corp Key Recent Developments
Aug 14,2018: Cvs health statement on ohio department of medicaid's pass-through pricing requirements
Aug 08,2018: CVS Health's MinuteClinic introduces new virtual care offering
Aug 08,2018: CVS Health reports second quarter 2018 results
Aug 08,2018: CVS Health results for three and six months ended June 30, 2018
Aug 07,2018: Product Quest Manufacturing issues voluntary nationwide recall of CVS Health 12 Hour Sinus Relief Nasal Mist due to microbiological contamination
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
CVS Health Corp-Key Facts 6
CVS Health Corp-Key Employees 7
CVS Health Corp-Key Employee Biographies 9
CVS Health Corp-Major Products and Services 12
CVS Health Corp-History 13
CVS Health Corp-Company Statement 20
CVS Health Corp-Locations And Subsidiaries 24
Head Office 24
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 24
Joint Venture 26
Section 2-Company Analysis 27
Company Overview 27
CVS Health Corp-Business Description 28
Business Segment: Corporate 28
Business Segment: Pharmacy Services 28
Key Stats 28
Business Segment: Retail/LTC 29
Key Stats 29
CVS Health Corp-Corporate Strategy 30
CVS Health Corp-SWOT Analysis 31
SWOT Analysis-Overview 31
CVS Health Corp-Strengths 31
CVS Health Corp-Weaknesses 32
CVS Health Corp-Opportunities 33
CVS Health Corp-Threats 34
CVS Health Corp-Key Competitors 35
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 36
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 36
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 37
Performance Chart 40
Financial Performance 40
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 41
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 42
CVS Health Corp, Recent Deals Summary 43
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 44
Aug 14, 2018: Cvs health statement on ohio department of medicaid's pass-through pricing requirements 44
Aug 08, 2018: CVS Health's MinuteClinic introduces new virtual care offering 45
Aug 08, 2018: CVS Health reports second quarter 2018 results 46
Aug 08, 2018: CVS Health reports second quarter 2018 results 48
Aug 08, 2018: CVS Health reports second quarter 2018 results 50
Aug 07, 2018: Product Quest Manufacturing issues voluntary nationwide recall of CVS Health 12 Hour Sinus Relief Nasal Mist due to microbiological contamination 52
Aug 02, 2018: CVS Health commits USD 10 million to American Cancer Society in support of Cancer Patient Services and breakthrough research 53
Jul 25, 2018: CVS Health and Truth Initiative challenge all women's colleges to go tobacco-free 54
Jul 16, 2018: CVS Health Responds to Request for Information on Trump Administration's Blueprint to Lower Drug Prices 55
Jul 12, 2018: CVS Health Foundation Donates More than USD 330,000 to Help Combat Opioid Abuse in California 58
Section 5-Appendix 60
Ratio Definitions 60
About GlobalData 64
Contact Us 64
List of Figures
CVS Health Corp, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 40
CVS Health Corp, Ratio Charts 42
List of Tables
CVS Health Corp, Key Facts 6
CVS Health Corp, Key Employees 7
CVS Health Corp, Key Employee Biographies 9
CVS Health Corp, Major Products and Services 12
CVS Health Corp, History 13
CVS Health Corp, Other Locations 24
CVS Health Corp, Subsidiaries 24
CVS Health Corp, Joint Venture 26
CVS Health Corp, Key Competitors 35
CVS Health Corp, Ratios based on current share price 36
CVS Health Corp, Annual Ratios 37
CVS Health Corp, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 38
CVS Health Corp, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 39
CVS Health Corp, Interim Ratios 41
CVS Health Corp, Recent Deals Summary 43
Currency Codes 60
Capital Market Ratios 60
Equity Ratios 61
Profitability Ratios 61
Cost Ratios 62
Liquidity Ratios 62
Leverage Ratios 63
Efficiency Ratios 63
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc.
Rite Aid Corp
Prime Therapeutics LLC
MedImpact Healthcare Systems Inc
Express Scripts Holding Co
CVS Health Corp, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"