Binge Eating Disorder (BED): Epidemiology Forecast to 2027
Binge eating disorder (BED) is an eating disorder characterized by eating large quantities of food in a discrete period of time, and feeling a sense of lack of control over eating during the episode. Signs of BED vary, and there may be physical changes; for example, some people experience weight gain. Other signs and symptoms can be psychological and emotional. In May 2013, the American Psychiatric Association released the DSM-5 in which BED is classified as an actual eating disorder.
The BED epidemiology forecast is supported by nationally representative, country-specific studies, where available, published in peer-reviewed journals, and by primary research to overcome any scarcity of data. The forecast methodology was kept consistent across all 7MM to allow for a meaningful global comparison.
In 2017, the 7MM had 197,076 diagnosed prevalent cases of BED. GlobalData epidemiologists expect the diagnosed prevalent cases of BED in the 7MM to increase to 204,424 cases by 2027, at an AGR of 0.37%. The US will have the highest growth in the diagnosed prevalent cases of BED in the 7MM from 2017-2027, while France will have the lowest growth in the diagnosed prevalent cases of BED from 2017-2027. Germany, Italy, and Japan will see a decline in the number of diagnosed prevalent cases of BED during the forecast period at negative AGRs of 0.54%, 0.05%, and 0.43%, respectively. Future epidemiologic research that assesses prevalence of BED according to DSM-5 criteria is necessary to gain further insight into the prevalence trends, as well as research into the risk factors, comorbidities, and causes of BED.
- The Binge Eating Disorder (BED) Epidemiology Forecast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of BED in the seven major markets (7MM: US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan).
- This report also includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the 12-month diagnosed prevalent cases of BED segmented by sex and age (beginning at age 13 years and ending at ages 80 years and older) in these markets. The 12-month diagnosed prevalent cases of BED are further segmented by body mass index (BMI) (obese and non-obese), BMI and comorbid mood disorder, and substance abuse disorder.
- The Binge Eating Disorder epidemiology forecast report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The Epidemiology Forecast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent, and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 7MM.
Reasons to buy
The Binge Eating Disorder (BED) Epidemiology Forecast report will allow you to-
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global BED market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global BED market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for BED therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
- Understand magnitude of BED population by BMI, BMI and mood disorder, and substance abuse disorder.
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 3
1.2 List of Figures 3
2 Binge Eating Disorder: Executive Summary 4
2.1 Related Reports 5
2.2 Upcoming Reports 5
3 Epidemiology 6
3.1 Disease Background 6
3.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 6
3.3 Global and Historical Trends 7
3.4 Forecast Methodology 9
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"