Biotechnology in Brazil
Biotechnology in Brazil industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Brazil biotechnology market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The biotechnology market consists of the development, manufacturing, and marketing of products based on advanced biotechnology research.
- The Brazilian biotechnology industry had total revenues of USD 13.1bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.6% between 2013 and 2017.
- The medical/healthcare segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 4.3bn, equivalent to 33% of the industry's overall value.
- Brazil's industry value is more equally spread out between the segments than in other countries.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the biotechnology market in Brazil
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the biotechnology market in Brazil
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key biotechnology market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Brazil biotechnology market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Brazil biotechnology market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Brazil biotechnology market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Brazil biotechnology market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Brazil's biotechnology market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 8
Market value 8
Market Segmentation 9
Category segmentation 9
Geography segmentation 10
Market Outlook 11
Market value forecast 11
Five Forces Analysis 12
Buyer power 13
Supplier power 14
New entrants 15
Threat of substitutes 17
Degree of rivalry 18
Leading Companies 19
Braskem SA 19
EMS S.A. 22
FuturaGene Plc 23
Sanofi SA 24
Macroeconomic Indicators 27
Country data 27
Industry associations 30
Related MarketLine research 30
About MarketLine 31
List of Figures
Figure 1: Brazil biotechnology industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Brazil biotechnology industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Brazil biotechnology industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Brazil biotechnology industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the biotechnology industry in Brazil, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the biotechnology industry in Brazil, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the biotechnology industry in Brazil, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the biotechnology industry in Brazil, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the biotechnology industry in Brazil, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the biotechnology industry in Brazil, 2017
Figure 11: Braskem SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Braskem SA: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Sanofi SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Sanofi SA: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Brazil biotechnology industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Brazil biotechnology industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Brazil biotechnology industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Brazil biotechnology industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Braskem SA: key facts
Table 6: Braskem SA: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Braskem SA: key financials (BRL)
Table 8: Braskem SA: key financial ratios
Table 9: EMS S.A.: key facts
Table 10: FuturaGene Plc: key facts
Table 11: Sanofi SA: key facts
Table 12: Sanofi SA: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Sanofi SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 14: Sanofi SA: key financial ratios
Table 15: Brazil size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 16: Brazil gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: Brazil gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Brazil inflation, 2013-17
Table 19: Brazil consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 20: Brazil exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"