Biotechnology in China
Biotechnology in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the China biotechnology market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The biotechnology market consists of the development, manufacturing, and marketing of products based on advanced biotechnology research.
- The Chinese biotechnology industry had total revenues of USD 18.5bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3% between 2013 and 2017.
- The medical/healthcare segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 18.1bn, equivalent to 97.8% of the industry's overall value.
- The number of patents granted to Chinese applicants has grown considerably and have been part of the strong growth seen in recent years.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the biotechnology market in China
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the biotechnology market in China
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key biotechnology market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the China biotechnology market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the China biotechnology market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the China biotechnology market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the China biotechnology market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up China's biotechnology market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 16
Threat of substitutes 18
Degree of rivalry 19
Leading Companies 20
Novo Nordisk A/S 20
Shanghai Kehua Bio-engineering Co., Ltd 23
Sinovac Biotech Ltd. 26
Macroeconomic Indicators 29
Country data 29
Industry associations 32
Related MarketLine research 32
About MarketLine 33
List of Figures
Figure 1: China biotechnology industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: China biotechnology industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: China biotechnology industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: China biotechnology industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the biotechnology industry in China, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the biotechnology industry in China, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the biotechnology industry in China, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the biotechnology industry in China, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the biotechnology industry in China, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the biotechnology industry in China, 2017
Figure 11: Novo Nordisk A/S: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Novo Nordisk A/S: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Shanghai Kehua Bio-engineering Co., Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Shanghai Kehua Bio-engineering Co., Ltd: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Sinovac Biotech Ltd.: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Sinovac Biotech Ltd.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: China biotechnology industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: China biotechnology industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: China biotechnology industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: China biotechnology industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Novo Nordisk A/S: key facts
Table 6: Novo Nordisk A/S: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Novo Nordisk A/S: key financials (DKK)
Table 8: Novo Nordisk A/S: key financial ratios
Table 9: Shanghai Kehua Bio-engineering Co., Ltd: key facts
Table 10: Shanghai Kehua Bio-engineering Co., Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 11: Shanghai Kehua Bio-engineering Co., Ltd: key financials (CNY)
Table 12: Shanghai Kehua Bio-engineering Co., Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 13: Sinovac Biotech Ltd.: key facts
Table 14: Sinovac Biotech Ltd.: key financials (USD )
Table 15: Sinovac Biotech Ltd.: key financial ratios
Table 16: China size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 17: China gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: China gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 19: China inflation, 2013-17
Table 20: China consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 21: China exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"