Biotechnology in Germany
Biotechnology in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Germany biotechnology market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The biotechnology market consists of the development, manufacturing, and marketing of products based on advanced biotechnology research.
- The German biotechnology industry had total revenues of USD 9.5bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.8% between 2013 and 2017.
- The medical/healthcare segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 4.7bn, equivalent to 49.7% of the industry's overall value.
- Germany's biotechnology industry is driven by its aging population, which is raising demand for medical drugs.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the biotechnology market in Germany
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the biotechnology market in Germany
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key biotechnology market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Germany biotechnology market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Germany biotechnology market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Germany biotechnology market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Germany biotechnology market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Germany's biotechnology market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 16
Threat of substitutes 18
Degree of rivalry 19
Leading Companies 20
Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH 20
Merck & Co., Inc. 23
MorphoSys AG 26
Macroeconomic Indicators 29
Country data 29
Industry associations 32
Related MarketLine research 32
About MarketLine 33
List of Figures
Figure 1: Germany biotechnology industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Germany biotechnology industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Germany biotechnology industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Germany biotechnology industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the biotechnology industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the biotechnology industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the biotechnology industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the biotechnology industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the biotechnology industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the biotechnology industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 11: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Merck & Co., Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Merck & Co., Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: MorphoSys AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: MorphoSys AG: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Germany biotechnology industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Germany biotechnology industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Germany biotechnology industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Germany biotechnology industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: key facts
Table 6: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: key financials (EUR)
Table 8: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: key financial ratios
Table 9: Merck & Co., Inc.: key facts
Table 10: Merck & Co., Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 11: Merck & Co., Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 12: MorphoSys AG: key facts
Table 13: MorphoSys AG: key financials (USD )
Table 14: MorphoSys AG: key financials (EUR)
Table 15: MorphoSys AG: key financial ratios
Table 16: Germany size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 17: Germany gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Germany gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 19: Germany inflation, 2013-17
Table 20: Germany consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 21: Germany exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"