Biotechnology in the United Kingdom
Biotechnology in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the United Kingdom biotechnology market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The biotechnology market consists of the development, manufacturing, and marketing of products based on advanced biotechnology research.
- The UK biotechnology industry had total revenues of USD 9.3bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.9% between 2013 and 2017.
- The medical/healthcare segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 6.1bn, equivalent to 66% of the industry's overall value.
- The UK's industry is mainly driven by biotechnology related to healthcare, segments that are boosted by the talented pool of scientists in the country.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the biotechnology market in the United Kingdom
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the biotechnology market in the United Kingdom
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key biotechnology market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United Kingdom biotechnology market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the United Kingdom biotechnology market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the United Kingdom biotechnology market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United Kingdom biotechnology market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the United Kingdom's biotechnology market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 16
Threat of substitutes 18
Degree of rivalry 19
Leading Companies 20
AstraZeneca PLC 20
GE Healthcare 23
Novartis AG 24
Sanofi SA 28
Macroeconomic Indicators 31
Country data 31
Industry associations 34
Related MarketLine research 34
About MarketLine 35
List of Figures
Figure 1: United Kingdom biotechnology industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: United Kingdom biotechnology industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: United Kingdom biotechnology industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: United Kingdom biotechnology industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the biotechnology industry in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the biotechnology industry in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the biotechnology industry in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the biotechnology industry in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the biotechnology industry in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the biotechnology industry in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 11: AstraZeneca PLC: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: AstraZeneca PLC: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Novartis AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Novartis AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Sanofi SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Sanofi SA: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: United Kingdom biotechnology industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: United Kingdom biotechnology industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: United Kingdom biotechnology industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: United Kingdom biotechnology industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: AstraZeneca PLC: key facts
Table 6: AstraZeneca PLC: key financials (USD )
Table 7: AstraZeneca PLC: key financial ratios
Table 8: GE Healthcare: key facts
Table 9: Novartis AG: key facts
Table 10: Novartis AG: key financials (USD )
Table 11: Novartis AG: key financial ratios
Table 12: Sanofi SA: key facts
Table 13: Sanofi SA: key financials (USD )
Table 14: Sanofi SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 15: Sanofi SA: key financial ratios
Table 16: United Kingdom size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 17: United Kingdom gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: United Kingdom gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 19: United Kingdom inflation, 2013-17
Table 20: United Kingdom consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 21: United Kingdom exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"