Brexit and the Healthcare Industry-Implications for Pharma, Q1 2018
It has been almost two years since the UK voted to leave the EU. Businesses were told a vote to leave the EU would drive the UK into a severe recession, yet markets are up. Negotiations are ongoing to determine the UK's post-Brexit relationship with the EU.
This report provides an assessment of how the pharmaceutical industry expects Brexit to affect the healthcare sector, both within and outside of Britain. This study will be repeated at the end of Q2 this year, to gauge the changing sentiment towards Brexit from within the healthcare industry.
This report provides in-house analyst expertise on the results of a 10 minutes survey of 155 GlobalData Pharma clients and prospects which was fielded from April 9, 2018 to April 23, 2018. Participants answered questions about how they expected Brexit to affect the healthcare sector, both within and outside of the UK. Components of the slide deck include-
- Factors to Impact Healthcare: key factors to impact the post-Brexit UK healthcare industry providing respondent mix by region and seniority level
- Impact on Research and Manufacturing: key factors to impact healthcare research and manufacturing in the UK post-Brexit providing respondent mix by region and seniority level
- Impact on Corporate Strategy: level of impact of Brexit on corporate strategy providing respondent mix by region, seniority level, and headquarter location
- Impact on Relocation: impact of Brexit on staff and headquarter relocation as indicated by resondents whose headquarters is located in the UK
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your corporate strategies post-Brexit through an in-house expert analysis of the key factors to impact the post-Brexit UK healthcare industry.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the key factors to impact healthcare research and manufacturing in the UK post-Brexit.
- Stay up to date on the industry's changing sentiment towards Brexit from within the healthcare industry with quarterly surveys.
- Identify emerging industry trends post-Brexit to gain a competitive advantage.
Table of Contents
1 Study Design
1.1 Background, Objectives, and Design
1.2 Respondent Mix-Geography
1.3 Respondent Mix-Seniority Level
1.4 Respondent Mix-Headquarters Location
2 Executive Summary
2.1 Key Findings
3 Overview of UK Pharma Industry
3.1 The UK Pharma Industry-A Key Driver of the UK Economy
3.2 The UK as an Attractive Location for Clinical Trials
4 Brexit Timeline
5 Factors to Impact Healthcare
5.1 Key Factors to Impact the Post-Brexit UK Healthcare Industry
5.2 Key Factors to Impact the UK Healthcare Industry After Brexit-A Closer Look at the Top Three Factors
6 Impact on Research and Manufacturing
6.1 Will Healthcare Research and Manufacturing Be Impacted Following Brexit?-Respondent Mix by Location
6.2 Will Healthcare Research and Manufacturing Be Impacted Following Brexit?-Respondent Mix by Seniority Level
6.3 Why the UK WILL Be an Attractive Destination for Healthcare Companies
6.4 Why the UK WILL NOT Be an Attractive Destination for Healthcare Companies
6.5 Is the UK as an Attractive Destination for Healthcare Research and Manufacturing?-In Their Words
7 Impact on Corporate Strategy
7.1 The Impact of Brexit on Corporate Strategy
7.2 The Impact of Brexit on Corporate Strategy by Location-A Closer Look at the Numbers
7.3 The Impact of Brexit on Corporate Strategy by Seniority Level
7.4 How Has Brexit Most Influenced Corporate Strategy?
8 Impact on Relocation
8.1 Potential of Relocation of Staff Due to Brexit
8.2 Relocation of Headquarters Unlikely After Brexit
9 Summary of Key Findings
10.3 About the Authors
10.4 About GlobalData
10.5 Contact Us
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"