Cytomegalovirus (CMV): Epidemiology Forecast to 2027
Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is a common virus belonging to the Herpesviridae family. CMV is present in up to 60% of adults in high-income countries and up to 100% of adults in low- and middle-income countries. In individuals with healthy immune systems, CMV infections are typically asymptomatic, and the virus establishes a lifelong latent infection. Certain populations, such as people living with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), solid organ transplant (SOT) patients, allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant (allo-HSCT) patients, and infants infected in utero, are vulnerable to symptomatic disease caused by primary CMV infections or reactivation. CMV disease may also occur in critically ill immunocompetent patients. Depending on the population, CMV disease can present as end-organ disease (infection and symptoms in lung, gastrointestinal (GI) tract, liver, retina, or other organs), CMV syndrome (fever, fatigue, leukopenia, and/or thrombocytosis), or congenital CMV (cCMV) (symptoms ranging from mild manifestations to premature birth and neurologic sequelae).
This forecast is strengthened by a thorough review of historical data and current literature on CMV disease in the 7MM. In addition, the use of consistent methodology for calculation of CMV cases allows for meaningful comparisons between markets. This analysis also provides detailed segmentation of CMV disease by age, sex, and population at risk.
The following data describes epidemiology of CMV cases. In 2017, there were 9,691 diagnosed incident cases of CMV disease in the 7MM. The US had the most cases (5,885), while Japan had the fewest (271). GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that the number of CMV cases in the 7MM will increase to 10,704 in 2027, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 1.05%. All countries besides Germany are expected to see an increase in CMV cases. HIV patients made up the greatest burden of CMV cases in the 7MM in 2017 (3,734 cases), followed closely by SOT patients (3,696 cases). cCMV accounted for the fewest cases (979).
- The Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Epidemiology Forecast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of CMV in the seven major markets (7MM: US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan).
- This report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and global and historical trends for CMV disease among HIV, SOT, allo-HSCT, and newborn populations in the seven major markets (7MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for diagnosed incident cases of CMV disease segmented by population at risk, sex, and age (in 10-year age groups beginning at ages 0-10 years and ending at ages 80 years and older) in these markets. In addition, this report includes a 10-year forecast for SOT and allo-HSCT patient populations in the 7MM.
- The CMV epidemiology forecast report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The Epidemiology Forecast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent, and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 7MM.
Reasons to buy
The CMV Epidemiology Forecast report will allow you to-
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global CMV market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global CMV market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for CMV therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
- Understand magnitude of CMV population by population at risk.
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 3
1.2 List of Figures 3
2 CMV: Executive Summary 4
2.1 Related Re
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"