Generics in Europe
Generics in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Europe generics market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- For the purposes of this profile, a generic drug is defined as a copy of an ethical (prescription) drug formerly protected by patents that have now expired. Both unbranded generics and all branded generics are included. However, off-patent drugs that continue to be offered by the original manufacturer under the original name, and which form part of the 'generic-eligible' market, are not included.
- The European generics market had total revenues of USD 64.2bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 0.3% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 75.1 % in 2017.
- The European market is fragmented and the largest market, Germany, makes up 27% of the market, followed by the UK and Russia with 18% and 12.9%, respectively.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the generics market in Europe
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the generics market in Europe
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key generics market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe generics market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Europe generics market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Europe generics market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe generics market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Europe's generics market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Market volume forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 16
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 18
Degree of rivalry 19
Leading Companies 21
Mylan N.V. 21
Novartis AG 25
Sanofi SA 29
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited 32
Industry associations 36
Related MarketLine research 36
About MarketLine 37
List of Figures
Figure 1: Europe generics market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Europe generics market volume: % of total pharma, 2013-17
Figure 3: Europe generics market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Europe generics market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Europe generics market volume forecast: % of total pharma, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the generics market in Europe, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the generics market in Europe, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the generics market in Europe, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the generics market in Europe, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the generics market in Europe, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the generics market in Europe, 2017
Figure 12: Mylan N.V.: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Mylan N.V.: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: Novartis AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Novartis AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 16: Sanofi SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 17: Sanofi SA: assets & liabilities
Figure 18: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 19: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Europe generics market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Europe generics market volume: % of total pharma, 2013-17
Table 3: Europe generics market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Europe generics market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Europe generics market volume forecast: % of total pharma, 2017-22
Table 6: Mylan N.V.: key facts
Table 7: Mylan N.V.: key financials (USD )
Table 8: Mylan N.V.: key financial ratios
Table 9: Novartis AG: key facts
Table 10: Novartis AG: key financials (USD )
Table 11: Novartis AG: key financial ratios
Table 12: Sanofi SA: key facts
Table 13: Sanofi SA: key financials (USD )
Table 14: Sanofi SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 15: Sanofi SA: key financial ratios
Table 16: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited: key facts
Table 17: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited: key financials (USD )
Table 18: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited: key financial ratios
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
Generics, MarketLine, Europe
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"