Generics in India
Generics in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the India generics market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- For the purposes of this profile, a generic drug is defined as a copy of an ethical (prescription) drug formerly protected by patents that have now expired. Both unbranded generics and all branded generics are included. However, off-patent drugs that continue to be offered by the original manufacturer under the original name, and which form part of the 'generic-eligible' market, are not included.
- The Indian generics market had total revenues of USD 14.4bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.6% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 0.8% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 95.5% in 2017.
- India has the third largest market in the Asia-Pacific region and made 12.4% of the region's value in 2017.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the generics market in India
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the generics market in India
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key generics market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the India generics market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the India generics market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the India generics market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the India generics market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is India's generics market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Market volume forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 16
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 18
Degree of rivalry 19
Leading Companies 20
Aurobindo Pharma Limited 20
Cipla Limited 23
Lupin Ltd 26
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd 30
Macroeconomic Indicators 33
Country data 33
Industry associations 36
Related MarketLine research 36
About MarketLine 37
List of Figures
Figure 1: India generics market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: India generics market volume: % of total pharma, 2013-17
Figure 3: India generics market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: India generics market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: India generics market volume forecast: % of total pharma, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the generics market in India, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the generics market in India, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the generics market in India, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the generics market in India, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the generics market in India, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the generics market in India, 2017
Figure 12: Aurobindo Pharma Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Aurobindo Pharma Limited: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: Cipla Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Cipla Limited: assets & liabilities
Figure 16: Lupin Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 17: Lupin Ltd: assets & liabilities
Figure 18: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 19: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: India generics market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: India generics market volume: % of total pharma, 2013-17
Table 3: India generics market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: India generics market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: India generics market volume forecast: % of total pharma, 2017-22
Table 6: Aurobindo Pharma Limited: key facts
Table 7: Aurobindo Pharma Limited: key financials (USD )
Table 8: Aurobindo Pharma Limited: key financials (Rs.)
Table 9: Aurobindo Pharma Limited: key financial ratios
Table 10: Cipla Limited: key facts
Table 11: Cipla Limited: key financials (USD )
Table 12: Cipla Limited: key financials (Rs.)
Table 13: Cipla Limited: key financial ratios
Table 14: Lupin Ltd: key facts
Table 15: Lupin Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 16: Lupin Ltd: key financials (Rs.)
Table 17: Lupin Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 18: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd: key facts
Table 19: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 20: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd: key financials (Rs.)
Table 21: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 22: India size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 23: India gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 24: India gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 25: India inflation, 2013-17
Table 26: India consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 27: India exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Aurobindo Pharma Limited
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Generics, MarketLine, India
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"