Generics in Singapore
Generics in Singapore industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Singapore generics market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- For the purposes of this profile, a generic drug is defined as a copy of an ethical (prescription) drug formerly protected by patents that have now expired. Both unbranded generics and all branded generics are included. However, off-patent drugs that continue to be offered by the original manufacturer under the original name, and which form part of the 'generic-eligible' market, are not included.
- The Singaporean generics market had total revenues of USD 341.1m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.2% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 0.6% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 88.2% in 2017.
- Growth in the Singaporean pharmaceuticals market has helped the city-state become a regional hub for the manufacturing, research, and development for multinational pharmaceutical companies.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the generics market in Singapore
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the generics market in Singapore
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key generics market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Singapore generics market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Singapore generics market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Singapore generics market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Singapore generics market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Singapore's generics market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Market volume forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 16
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 18
Degree of rivalry 19
Leading Companies 20
Abbott Laboratories 20
Mylan N.V. 24
Novartis AG 28
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited 32
Macroeconomic Indicators 35
Country data 35
Industry associations 38
Related MarketLine research 38
About MarketLine 39
List of Figures
Figure 1: Singapore generics market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Singapore generics market volume: % of total pharma, 2013-17
Figure 3: Singapore generics market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Singapore generics market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Singapore generics market volume forecast: % of total pharma, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the generics market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the generics market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the generics market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the generics market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the generics market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the generics market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 12: Abbott Laboratories: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Abbott Laboratories: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: Mylan N.V.: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Mylan N.V.: assets & liabilities
Figure 16: Novartis AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 17: Novartis AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 18: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 19: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Singapore generics market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Singapore generics market volume: % of total pharma, 2013-17
Table 3: Singapore generics market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Singapore generics market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: Singapore generics market volume forecast: % of total pharma, 2017-22
Table 6: Abbott Laboratories: key facts
Table 7: Abbott Laboratories: key financials (USD )
Table 8: Abbott Laboratories: key financial ratios
Table 9: Mylan N.V.: key facts
Table 10: Mylan N.V.: key financials (USD )
Table 11: Mylan N.V.: key financial ratios
Table 12: Novartis AG: key facts
Table 13: Novartis AG: key financials (USD )
Table 14: Novartis AG: key financial ratios
Table 15: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited: key facts
Table 16: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited: key financials (USD )
Table 17: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited: key financial ratios
Table 18: Singapore size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 19: Singapore gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 20: Singapore gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: Singapore inflation, 2013-17
Table 22: Singapore consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 23: Singapore exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
Generics, MarketLine, Singapore
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"