Pharmaceuticals in Brazil
Pharmaceuticals in Brazil industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Brazil pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The pharmaceuticals market consists of ethical drugs only and does not include consumer healthcare or animal healthcare.
- The Brazilian pharmaceuticals market had total revenues of USD 26.1bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.8% between 2013 and 2017.
- Government investment in the country's free National Healthcare System has improved the access to pharmaceuticals in recent years which have expanded beyond the Sao Paulo-Rio de Janeiro axis.
- Brazil has been experiencing an epidemiological transition from communicable diseases to chronic degenerative diseases, which has increased the demand for drugs treating these diseases.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the pharmaceuticals market in Brazil
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the pharmaceuticals market in Brazil
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pharmaceuticals market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Brazil pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Brazil pharmaceuticals market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Brazil pharmaceuticals market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Brazil pharmaceuticals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Brazil's pharmaceuticals market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 10
Market share 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 20
Degree of rivalry 21
Leading Companies 23
Ache Laboratorios Farmaceuticos S.A. 23
EMS Sigma Pharma 24
Sanofi SA 25
Macroeconomic Indicators 28
Country data 28
Industry associations 31
Related MarketLine research 31
About MarketLine 32
List of Figures
Figure 1: Brazil pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Brazil pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Brazil pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Brazil pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the pharmaceuticals market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the pharmaceuticals market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the pharmaceuticals market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the pharmaceuticals market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the pharmaceuticals market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the pharmaceuticals market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 11: Sanofi SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Sanofi SA: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Brazil pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Brazil pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Brazil pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 4: Brazil pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Ache Laboratorios Farmaceuticos S.A.: key facts
Table 6: EMS Sigma Pharma: key facts
Table 7: Sanofi SA: key facts
Table 8: Sanofi SA: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Sanofi SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 10: Sanofi SA: key financial ratios
Table 11: Brazil size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 12: Brazil gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 13: Brazil gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 14: Brazil inflation, 2013-17
Table 15: Brazil consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 16: Brazil exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"