Pharmaceuticals in Canada
Pharmaceuticals in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Canada pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The pharmaceuticals market consists of ethical drugs only and does not include consumer healthcare or animal healthcare.
- The Canadian pharmaceuticals market had total revenues of USD 23.0bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.9% between 2013 and 2017.
- The use of generic medicines is also being promoted by the Canadian government which has helped improve quality perception amongst consumers.
- Growth in the market is been driven by investment in the research and development of drugs, it is estimated that in Canada that expenditure on R&D by pharmaceutical companies is just below USD 1bn.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the pharmaceuticals market in Canada
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the pharmaceuticals market in Canada
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pharmaceuticals market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Canada pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Canada pharmaceuticals market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Canada pharmaceuticals market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Canada pharmaceuticals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Canada's pharmaceuticals market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 10
Market share 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 20
Degree of rivalry 21
Leading Companies 23
Apotex, Inc. 23
Johnson & Johnson 24
Merck & Co., Inc. 27
Pfizer Inc. 30
Macroeconomic Indicators 34
Country data 34
Industry associations 37
Related MarketLine research 37
About MarketLine 38
List of Figures
Figure 1: Canada pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Canada pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Canada pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Canada pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the pharmaceuticals market in Canada, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the pharmaceuticals market in Canada, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the pharmaceuticals market in Canada, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the pharmaceuticals market in Canada, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the pharmaceuticals market in Canada, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the pharmaceuticals market in Canada, 2017
Figure 11: Johnson & Johnson: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Johnson & Johnson: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Merck & Co., Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Merck & Co., Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Pfizer Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Pfizer Inc.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Canada pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Canada pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Canada pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 4: Canada pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Apotex, Inc.: key facts
Table 6: Johnson & Johnson: key facts
Table 7: Johnson & Johnson: key financials (USD )
Table 8: Johnson & Johnson: key financial ratios
Table 9: Merck & Co., Inc.: key facts
Table 10: Merck & Co., Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 11: Merck & Co., Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 12: Pfizer Inc.: key facts
Table 13: Pfizer Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 14: Pfizer Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 15: Canada size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 16: Canada gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: Canada gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Canada inflation, 2013-17
Table 19: Canada consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 20: Canada exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"