Pharmaceuticals in Europe
Pharmaceuticals in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Europe pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The pharmaceuticals market consists of ethical drugs only and does not include consumer healthcare or animal healthcare.
- The European pharmaceuticals market had total revenues of USD 265.9bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.4% between 2013 and 2017.
- In many European countries, an aging population and the diseases associated with this have driven growth in the pharmaceutical market.
- Expansion in Europe is limited by increasing focus upon the use of generic drugs by healthcare systems across the region. France, in particular, is placing public stress on capping costs through avoiding branded drugs.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the pharmaceuticals market in Europe
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the pharmaceuticals market in Europe
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pharmaceuticals market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Europe pharmaceuticals market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Europe pharmaceuticals market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe pharmaceuticals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Europe's pharmaceuticals market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 10
Market share 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 24
Johnson & Johnson 24
Novartis AG 27
Pfizer Inc. 30
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd 34
Industry associations 38
Related MarketLine research 38
About MarketLine 39
List of Figures
Figure 1: Europe pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Europe pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Europe pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Europe pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the pharmaceuticals market in Europe, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the pharmaceuticals market in Europe, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the pharmaceuticals market in Europe, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the pharmaceuticals market in Europe, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the pharmaceuticals market in Europe, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the pharmaceuticals market in Europe, 2017
Figure 11: Johnson & Johnson: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Johnson & Johnson: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Novartis AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Novartis AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Pfizer Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Pfizer Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Europe pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Europe pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Europe pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 4: Europe pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Johnson & Johnson: key facts
Table 6: Johnson & Johnson: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Johnson & Johnson: key financial ratios
Table 8: Novartis AG: key facts
Table 9: Novartis AG: key financials (USD )
Table 10: Novartis AG: key financial ratios
Table 11: Pfizer Inc.: key facts
Table 12: Pfizer Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Pfizer Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 14: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: key facts
Table 15: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 16: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: key financials (CHF)
Table 17: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: key financial ratios
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"