Pharmaceuticals in Germany
Pharmaceuticals in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Germany pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The pharmaceuticals market consists of ethical drugs only and does not include consumer healthcare or animal healthcare.
- The German pharmaceuticals market had total revenues of USD 71.3bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.1% between 2013 and 2017.
- Infrastructure support in Germany is strong for both foreign and domestic companies, which has encouraged investment in research and development centres and the construction of new manufacturing plants.
- An aging population should serve to increase spending; however, governments are under pressure to keep a lid on spending, potentially constraining growth in the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the pharmaceuticals market in Germany
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the pharmaceuticals market in Germany
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pharmaceuticals market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Germany pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Germany pharmaceuticals market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Germany pharmaceuticals market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Germany pharmaceuticals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Germany's pharmaceuticals market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 10
Market share 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 20
Degree of rivalry 21
Leading Companies 23
Bayer AG 23
Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH 27
Novartis AG 30
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd 33
Macroeconomic Indicators 36
Country data 36
Industry associations 39
Related MarketLine research 39
About MarketLine 40
List of Figures
Figure 1: Germany pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Germany pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Germany pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Germany pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the pharmaceuticals market in Germany, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the pharmaceuticals market in Germany, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the pharmaceuticals market in Germany, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the pharmaceuticals market in Germany, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the pharmaceuticals market in Germany, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the pharmaceuticals market in Germany, 2017
Figure 11: Bayer AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Bayer AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Novartis AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Novartis AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Germany pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Germany pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Germany pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 4: Germany pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Bayer AG: key facts
Table 6: Bayer AG: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Bayer AG: key financials (EUR)
Table 8: Bayer AG: key financial ratios
Table 9: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: key facts
Table 10: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: key financials (USD )
Table 11: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: key financials (EUR)
Table 12: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: key financial ratios
Table 13: Novartis AG: key facts
Table 14: Novartis AG: key financials (USD )
Table 15: Novartis AG: key financial ratios
Table 16: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: key facts
Table 17: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 18: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: key financials (CHF)
Table 19: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 20: Germany size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 21: Germany gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 22: Germany gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 23: Germany inflation, 2013-17
Table 24: Germany consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 25: Germany exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"