Pharmaceuticals in Scandinavia
Pharmaceuticals in Scandinavia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Scandinavia pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The pharmaceuticals market consists of ethical drugs only and does not include consumer healthcare or animal healthcare.
- The Scandinavian pharmaceuticals market had total revenues of USD 12.8bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.7% between 2013 and 2017.
- Although there is an ageing population which has driven the demand for drugs in Scandinavia, the market has declined due to the prevalence of generics.
- The four Scandinavian component countries are heavily driven by a large government public health market and they have been affected by the trend of western governments to cutting down on pharmaceutical spending, instead trying to encourage greater adoption of generics and cheaper alternatives
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the pharmaceuticals market in Scandinavia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the pharmaceuticals market in Scandinavia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pharmaceuticals market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Scandinavia pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Scandinavia pharmaceuticals market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Scandinavia pharmaceuticals market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Scandinavia pharmaceuticals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Scandinavia's pharmaceuticals market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 10
Market share 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 22
Novartis AG 22
Pfizer Inc. 25
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd 29
Sanofi SA 32
Industry associations 36
Related MarketLine research 36
About MarketLine 37
List of Figures
Figure 1: Scandinavia pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Scandinavia pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Scandinavia pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Scandinavia pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the pharmaceuticals market in Scandinavia, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the pharmaceuticals market in Scandinavia, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the pharmaceuticals market in Scandinavia, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the pharmaceuticals market in Scandinavia, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the pharmaceuticals market in Scandinavia, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the pharmaceuticals market in Scandinavia, 2017
Figure 11: Novartis AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Novartis AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Pfizer Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Pfizer Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Sanofi SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Sanofi SA: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Scandinavia pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Scandinavia pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Scandinavia pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 4: Scandinavia pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Novartis AG: key facts
Table 6: Novartis AG: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Novartis AG: key financial ratios
Table 8: Pfizer Inc.: key facts
Table 9: Pfizer Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 10: Pfizer Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 11: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: key facts
Table 12: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 13: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: key financials (CHF)
Table 14: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 15: Sanofi SA: key facts
Table 16: Sanofi SA: key financials (USD )
Table 17: Sanofi SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 18: Sanofi SA: key financial ratios
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"