Pharmaceuticals in Singapore
Pharmaceuticals in Singapore industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Singapore pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The pharmaceuticals market consists of ethical drugs only and does not include consumer healthcare or animal healthcare.
- The Singaporean pharmaceuticals market had total revenues of USD 0.9bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.6% between 2013 and 2017.
- Growth is bolstered by an ageing population; meaning there will be a higher demand for drugs for conditions linked to ageing such as arthritis, dementia and respiratory diseases.
- Growth in the Singaporean pharmaceuticals market has helped the city-state become a regional hub for the manufacturing, research and development for multinational pharmaceutical companies
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the pharmaceuticals market in Singapore
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the pharmaceuticals market in Singapore
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pharmaceuticals market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Singapore pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Singapore pharmaceuticals market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Singapore pharmaceuticals market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Singapore pharmaceuticals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Singapore's pharmaceuticals market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 10
Market share 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 20
Degree of rivalry 21
Leading Companies 23
Astellas Pharma Inc. 23
GlaxoSmithKline Plc 26
Novartis AG 30
Pfizer Inc. 33
Macroeconomic Indicators 37
Country data 37
Industry associations 40
Related MarketLine research 40
About MarketLine 41
List of Figures
Figure 1: Singapore pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Singapore pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Singapore pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Singapore pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the pharmaceuticals market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the pharmaceuticals market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the pharmaceuticals market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the pharmaceuticals market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the pharmaceuticals market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the pharmaceuticals market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 11: Astellas Pharma Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Astellas Pharma Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Novartis AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Novartis AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Pfizer Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Pfizer Inc.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Singapore pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Singapore pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Singapore pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 4: Singapore pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Astellas Pharma Inc.: key facts
Table 6: Astellas Pharma Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Astellas Pharma Inc.: key financials (JPY)
Table 8: Astellas Pharma Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 9: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: key facts
Table 10: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: key financials (USD )
Table 11: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: key financials (GBP)
Table 12: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: key financial ratios
Table 13: Novartis AG: key facts
Table 14: Novartis AG: key financials (USD )
Table 15: Novartis AG: key financial ratios
Table 16: Pfizer Inc.: key facts
Table 17: Pfizer Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 18: Pfizer Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 19: Singapore size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 20: Singapore gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: Singapore gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 22: Singapore inflation, 2013-17
Table 23: Singapore consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 24: Singapore exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"