Pharmaceuticals in Spain
Pharmaceuticals in Spain industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Spain pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The pharmaceuticals market consists of ethical drugs only and does not include consumer healthcare or animal healthcare.
- The Spanish pharmaceuticals market had total revenues of USD 24.1bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.2% between 2013 and 2017.
- Like many other European countries, an aging population and the diseases associated with this have driven growth in the pharmaceutical market.
- The primary factor disrupting pharma growth in the Spanish market is the continued economic uncertainty. This has reduced public healthcare budgets and simultaneously restricted the spending power of consumers in the private sector as well.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the pharmaceuticals market in Spain
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the pharmaceuticals market in Spain
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pharmaceuticals market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Spain pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Spain pharmaceuticals market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Spain pharmaceuticals market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Spain pharmaceuticals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Spain's pharmaceuticals market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 10
Market share 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 22
Almirall S.A. 22
AstraZeneca PLC 25
GlaxoSmithKline Plc 28
Macroeconomic Indicators 32
Country data 32
Industry associations 35
Related MarketLine research 35
About MarketLine 36
List of Figures
Figure 1: Spain pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Spain pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Spain pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Spain pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the pharmaceuticals market in Spain, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the pharmaceuticals market in Spain, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the pharmaceuticals market in Spain, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the pharmaceuticals market in Spain, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the pharmaceuticals market in Spain, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the pharmaceuticals market in Spain, 2017
Figure 11: Almirall S.A.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Almirall S.A.: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: AstraZeneca PLC: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: AstraZeneca PLC: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Spain pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Spain pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Spain pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 4: Spain pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Almirall S.A.: key facts
Table 6: Almirall S.A.: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Almirall S.A.: key financials (EUR)
Table 8: Almirall S.A.: key financial ratios
Table 9: AstraZeneca PLC: key facts
Table 10: AstraZeneca PLC: key financials (USD )
Table 11: AstraZeneca PLC: key financial ratios
Table 12: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: key facts
Table 13: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: key financials (USD )
Table 14: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: key financials (GBP)
Table 15: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: key financial ratios
Table 16: Spain size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 17: Spain gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Spain gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 19: Spain inflation, 2013-17
Table 20: Spain consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 21: Spain exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"