Pharmaceuticals in the United Kingdom
Pharmaceuticals in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the United Kingdom pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The pharmaceuticals market consists of ethical drugs only and does not include consumer healthcare or animal healthcare.
- The UK pharmaceuticals market had total revenues of USD 22.2bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.5% between 2013 and 2017.
- For pharmaceutical companies in the UK market, Brexit continues to cause major uncertainty, primarily in regard to the future of the regulatory process, human resource and compliance legislation.
- As the government has attempted to reduce the state burden of healthcare a number of changes to the market have been introduced, placing more of the workload in the hands of the private sector.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the pharmaceuticals market in the United Kingdom
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the pharmaceuticals market in the United Kingdom
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pharmaceuticals market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United Kingdom pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the United Kingdom pharmaceuticals market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the United Kingdom pharmaceuticals market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United Kingdom pharmaceuticals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in the United Kingdom's pharmaceuticals market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 10
Market share 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 20
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 24
AstraZeneca PLC 24
GlaxoSmithKline Plc 27
Novartis AG 31
Macroeconomic Indicators 34
Country data 34
Industry associations 37
Related MarketLine research 37
About MarketLine 38
List of Figures
Figure 1: United Kingdom pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: United Kingdom pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: United Kingdom pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: United Kingdom pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the pharmaceuticals market in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the pharmaceuticals market in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the pharmaceuticals market in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the pharmaceuticals market in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the pharmaceuticals market in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the pharmaceuticals market in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 11: AstraZeneca PLC: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: AstraZeneca PLC: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Novartis AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Novartis AG: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: United Kingdom pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: United Kingdom pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: United Kingdom pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 4: United Kingdom pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: AstraZeneca PLC: key facts
Table 6: AstraZeneca PLC: key financials (USD )
Table 7: AstraZeneca PLC: key financial ratios
Table 8: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: key facts
Table 9: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: key financials (USD )
Table 10: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: key financials (GBP)
Table 11: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: key financial ratios
Table 12: Novartis AG: key facts
Table 13: Novartis AG: key financials (USD )
Table 14: Novartis AG: key financial ratios
Table 15: United Kingdom size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 16: United Kingdom gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: United Kingdom gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: United Kingdom inflation, 2013-17
Table 19: United Kingdom consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 20: United Kingdom exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"