Rite Aid Corp (RAD)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Rite Aid Corp (Rite Aid) is a retail drugstore chain. The company sells prescription drugs and other merchandise such as over-the-counter (OTC) medications, personal care items, health and beauty aids, cosmetics, household items, beverages, convenience foods, greeting cards, and seasonal merchandise. Rite Aid services portfolio includes pharmacy-related solutions including fully integrated mail, specialty and compounding pharmacy services. The company's stores are integrated into a common information system, which enables customers to fill or refill prescriptions in any of its stores throughout the US. It operates through subsidiaries and retail drugstores in the US. The company caters to employers, insurance companies, unions, government employee groups, health plans, medicare plans, and other sponsors of health benefit plans, and individuals. Rite Aid is headquartered in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, the US.
Rite Aid Corp Key Recent Developments
May 21,2018: Rite Aid Makes Free Opioid Disposal Solution Available At More Than 2,500 Pharmacies Nationwide
Apr 13,2018: Rite Aid posts fiscal 2018 Q4 and full year results
Feb 12,2018: Flu Shots Available at Rite Aid as Severe Flu Season Continues
Jan 04,2018: Rite Aid reports fiscal 2018 third quarter results
Nov 17,2017: Rite Aid Announces Senior Management Changes in Category Management
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Rite Aid Corp-Key Facts 6
Rite Aid Corp-Key Employees 7
Rite Aid Corp-Key Employee Biographies 8
Rite Aid Corp-Major Products and Services 9
Rite Aid Corp-History 10
Rite Aid Corp-Company Statement 14
Rite Aid Corp-Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2-Company Analysis 18
Rite Aid Corp-Business Description 18
Business Segment: Pharmacy Services 18
Business Segment: Retail Pharmacy 18
Rite Aid Corp-Corporate Strategy 19
Rite Aid Corp-SWOT Analysis 20
SWOT Analysis-Overview 20
Rite Aid Corp-Strengths 20
Rite Aid Corp-Weaknesses 21
Rite Aid Corp-Opportunities 22
Rite Aid Corp-Threats 23
Rite Aid Corp-Key Competitors 24
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 25
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 25
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 26
Performance Chart 29
Financial Performance 29
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 30
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 31
Rite Aid Corp, Recent Deals Summary 32
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 33
May 21, 2018: Rite Aid Makes Free Opioid Disposal Solution Available At More Than 2,500 Pharmacies Nationwide 33
Feb 12, 2018: Flu Shots Available at Rite Aid as Severe Flu Season Continues 35
Jan 04, 2018: Rite Aid reports fiscal 2018 third quarter results 36
Nov 17, 2017: Rite Aid Announces Senior Management Changes in Category Management 38
Nov 14, 2017: Rob Mullins Named Senior Vice President of Store Operations, Western Division 39
Nov 02, 2017: Rite Aid: Matt Schroeder Named Senior Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer and Treasurer 40
Oct 18, 2017: Rite Aid's Medicare Advisor Tool Returns to Help Medicare Beneficiaries Select Prescription Drug Coverage for 2018 41
Oct 17, 2017: Derek Griffith Named Executive Vice President of Store Operations 42
Sep 28, 2017: Rite Aid Reports Fiscal 2018 Second Quarter Results 43
Sep 28, 2017: Kermit Crawford Joins Rite Aid as President and Chief Operating Officer of Rite Aid 44
Section 5-Appendix 45
Ratio Definitions 45
About GlobalData 49
Contact Us 49
List of Figures
Rite Aid Corp, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 29
Rite Aid Corp, Ratio Charts 31
List of Tables
Rite Aid Corp, Key Facts 6
Rite Aid Corp, Key Employees 7
Rite Aid Corp, Key Employee Biographies 8
Rite Aid Corp, Major Products and Services 9
Rite Aid Corp, History 10
Rite Aid Corp, Other Locations 16
Rite Aid Corp, Subsidiaries 16
Rite Aid Corp, Key Competitors 24
Rite Aid Corp, Ratios based on current share price 25
Rite Aid Corp, Annual Ratios 26
Rite Aid Corp, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 27
Rite Aid Corp, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 28
Rite Aid Corp, Interim Ratios 30
Rite Aid Corp, Recent Deals Summary 32
Currency Codes 45
Capital Market Ratios 45
Equity Ratios 46
Profitability Ratios 46
Cost Ratios 47
Liquidity Ratios 47
Leverage Ratios 48
Efficiency Ratios 48
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc.
Sears Holdings Corporation
Owens & Minor Inc
Office Depot, Inc.
Longs Drug Stores Corporation
Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings - Clinical Trials Testing Division
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
Henry Schein Inc
Dollar Tree Inc
Dollar General Corporation
CVS Health Corp
Best Buy Co, Inc.
Bed Bath & Beyond Inc.
Rite Aid Corp, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"