Canfor Corporation (CFP)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Canfor Corporation (Canfor) is an integrated forest products provider that produces softwood lumber, wood pellets and wood chips. The company produces remanufactured and finger-jointed lumber products and specialized wood products, spruce pine fir (SPF), specialty lumber and engineered wood products. It also supplies green softwood fibre and produces paper and pulp products, which are operated through its subsidiary Canfor Pulp Products Inc. (CPPI). Canfor's lumber production facilities are located in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and the US. The company operates sales offices in Canada, the US, Japan, China and South Korea. Canfor is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Canfor Corporation Key Recent Developments
Jul 25,2018: Canfor reports results for Second Quarter of 2018
Jun 07,2018: Canfor hires Dianne Watts to board of directors
Apr 24,2018: Canfor releases results for Q1 2018
Feb 22,2018: Canfor posts results for Q4 2017
Jul 26,2017: Canfor Q2 net income increases
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Canfor Corporation-Key Facts 6
Canfor Corporation-Key Employees 7
Canfor Corporation-Key Employee Biographies 8
Canfor Corporation-Major Products and Services 9
Canfor Corporation-History 10
Canfor Corporation-Company Statement 13
Canfor Corporation-Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2-Company Analysis 17
Company Overview 17
Canfor Corporation-Business Description 18
Business Segment: Lumber 18
Key Stats 18
Business Segment: Pulp and Paper 18
Key Stats 18
Canfor Corporation-Corporate Strategy 20
Canfor Corporation-SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis-Overview 21
Canfor Corporation-Strengths 21
Canfor Corporation-Weaknesses 22
Canfor Corporation-Opportunities 23
Canfor Corporation-Threats 24
Canfor Corporation-Key Competitors 25
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 30
Financial Performance 30
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 32
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 33
Jul 25, 2018: Canfor reports results for Second Quarter of 2018 33
Jul 26, 2017: Canfor Q2 net income increases 35
Apr 25, 2017: Canfor Q1 net income increases 36
Feb 08, 2017: Canfor pulp products announces Q4 2016 results 37
Feb 08, 2017: Canfor reports results for fourth quarter of 2016 39
Section 5-Appendix 41
Ratio Definitions 41
About GlobalData 45
Contact Us 45
List of Figures
Canfor Corporation, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 30
Canfor Corporation, Ratio Charts 32
List of Tables
Canfor Corporation, Key Facts 6
Canfor Corporation, Key Employees 7
Canfor Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
Canfor Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
Canfor Corporation, History 10
Canfor Corporation, Other Locations 15
Canfor Corporation, Subsidiaries 16
Canfor Corporation, Affiliate 16
Canfor Corporation, Key Competitors 25
Canfor Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 26
Canfor Corporation, Annual Ratios 27
Canfor Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 28
Canfor Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 29
Canfor Corporation, Interim Ratios 31
Currency Codes 41
Capital Market Ratios 41
Equity Ratios 42
Profitability Ratios 42
Cost Ratios 43
Liquidity Ratios 43
Leverage Ratios 44
Efficiency Ratios 44
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.
Tolko Industries Ltd
J.D. Irving Ltd
Smurfit Kappa Group plc
Canfor Corporation, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"