Global Aluminum industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Global aluminum market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The aluminum industry consists of primary aluminum (made from alumina) only, secondary aluminum (made by the recycling of scrap aluminum) is excluded.
- The global aluminum industry had total revenues of USD 111.0bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.2% between 2013 and 2017.
- Industry production volume increased with a CAGR of 4% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 55.3 million metric tons in 2017.
- The price of aluminum soared in 2017, meaning that even a 2.3% increase in volume production resulted in very strong value growth across the globe.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the aluminum market in the global
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the globalaluminum market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key aluminum market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Global aluminum market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Global aluminum market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Global aluminum market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Global aluminum market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in the global's aluminum market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 11
Market share 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 16
Supplier power 17
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 20
Degree of rivalry 21
Leading Companies 23
China Hongqiao Group Ltd 23
Rio Tinto 26
United Company RUSAL Plc 31
Shandong Xinfa Aluminum & Electricity Group 34
Industry associations 36
Related MarketLine research 36
About MarketLine 37
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global aluminum industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Global aluminum industry volume: million metric tons, 2013-17
Figure 3: Global aluminum industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Global aluminum industry share: % share, by volume, 2017
Figure 5: Global aluminum industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Global aluminum industry volume forecast: million metric tons, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the global aluminum industry, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the global aluminum industry, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the global aluminum industry, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global aluminum industry, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global aluminum industry, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global aluminum industry, 2017
Figure 13: China Hongqiao Group Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: China Hongqiao Group Ltd: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Rio Tinto: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Rio Tinto: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: United Company RUSAL Plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: United Company RUSAL Plc: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Global aluminum industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Global aluminum industry volume: million metric tons, 2013-17
Table 3: Global aluminum industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Global aluminum industry share: % share, by volume, 2017
Table 5: Global aluminum industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Global aluminum industry volume forecast: million metric tons, 2017-22
Table 7: China Hongqiao Group Ltd: key facts
Table 8: China Hongqiao Group Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 9: China Hongqiao Group Ltd: key financials (CNY)
Table 10: China Hongqiao Group Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 11: Rio Tinto: key facts
Table 12: Rio Tinto: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Rio Tinto: key financial ratios
Table 14: United Company RUSAL Plc: key facts
Table 15: United Company RUSAL Plc: key financials (USD )
Table 16: United Company RUSAL Plc: key financial ratios
Table 17: Shandong Xinfa Aluminum & Electricity Group: key facts
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"