Steel in Australia
Steel in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The steel market consists of the production of crude steel in the stated country or region.
- The Australian steel market had total revenues of USD 3,089.9m in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of 0% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.3% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 5,327.9 thousand tons in 2017.
- The decline in 2014 and 2015 can be attributed to the overproduction of steel in China, which resulted in cheap imports undercutting the value of the domestic product.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the steel market in Australia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the steel market in Australia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key steel market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Australia steel market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Australia steel market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Australia steel market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Australia steel market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Australia's steel market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 11
Market share 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 19
New entrants 20
Threat of substitutes 22
Degree of rivalry 24
Leading Companies 26
BlueScope Steel Ltd 26
GFG Alliance 30
Macroeconomic Indicators 32
Country data 32
Industry associations 35
Related MarketLine research 35
About MarketLine 36
List of Figures
Figure 1: Australia steel market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Australia steel market volume: thousand tons, 2013-17
Figure 3: Australia steel market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Australia steel market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Australia steel market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: Australia steel market volume forecast: thousand tons, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the steel market in Australia, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the steel market in Australia, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the steel market in Australia, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the steel market in Australia, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the steel market in Australia, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the steel market in Australia, 2017
Figure 13: BlueScope Steel Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: BlueScope Steel Ltd: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Australia steel market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Australia steel market volume: thousand tons, 2013-17
Table 3: Australia steel market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Australia steel market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Australia steel market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: Australia steel market volume forecast: thousand tons, 2017-22
Table 7: BlueScope Steel Ltd: key facts
Table 8: BlueScope Steel Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 9: BlueScope Steel Ltd: key financials (AUSD )
Table 10: BlueScope Steel Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 11: GFG Alliance: key facts
Table 12: Australia size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 13: Australia gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 14: Australia gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 15: Australia inflation, 2013-17
Table 16: Australia consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 17: Australia exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
BlueScope Steel Ltd
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"