Steel in Canada
Steel in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The steel market consists of the production of crude steel in the stated country or region.
- The Canadian steel market had total revenues of USD 10,246.7m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.8% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 2.3% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 13,613.5 thousand tons in 2017.
- Canada is the third largest market in North America, making up 11.7% behind the US (73.8%) and Mexico (14.5%) in 2017.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the steel market in Canada
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the steel market in Canada
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key steel market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Canada steel market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Canada steel market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Canada steel market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Canada steel market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Canada's steel market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 11
Market share 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 19
New entrants 20
Threat of substitutes 22
Degree of rivalry 24
Leading Companies 26
Essar Steel Algoma Inc 30
Evraz Plc 31
Macroeconomic Indicators 34
Country data 34
Industry associations 37
Related MarketLine research 37
About MarketLine 38
List of Figures
Figure 1: Canada steel market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Canada steel market volume: thousand tons, 2013-17
Figure 3: Canada steel market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Canada steel market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Canada steel market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: Canada steel market volume forecast: thousand tons, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the steel market in Canada, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the steel market in Canada, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the steel market in Canada, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the steel market in Canada, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the steel market in Canada, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the steel market in Canada, 2017
Figure 13: ArcelorMittal: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: ArcelorMittal: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Evraz Plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Evraz Plc: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Canada steel market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Canada steel market volume: thousand tons, 2013-17
Table 3: Canada steel market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Canada steel market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Canada steel market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: Canada steel market volume forecast: thousand tons, 2017-22
Table 7: ArcelorMittal: key facts
Table 8: ArcelorMittal: key financials (USD )
Table 9: ArcelorMittal: key financial ratios
Table 10: Essar Steel Algoma Inc: key facts
Table 11: Evraz Plc: key facts
Table 12: Evraz Plc: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Evraz Plc: key financial ratios
Table 14: Canada size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 15: Canada gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 16: Canada gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: Canada inflation, 2013-17
Table 18: Canada consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 19: Canada exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Essar Steel Algoma Inc
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"