Steel in India
Steel in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The steel market consists of the production of crude steel in the stated country or region.
- The Indian steel market had total revenues of USD 56,734.9m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.3% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 5.7% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 101,371.0 thousand tons in 2017.
- India has the third largest steel market in the Asia-Pacific, making up 8.5% in 2017.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the steel market in India
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the steel market in India
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key steel market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the India steel market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the India steel market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the India steel market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the India steel market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in India's steel market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 11
Market share 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 19
New entrants 20
Threat of substitutes 22
Degree of rivalry 24
Leading Companies 26
Jindal Steel & Power Ltd 26
JSW Steel Ltd 28
Steel Authority of India Ltd 32
Tata Steel Group 37
Macroeconomic Indicators 41
Country data 41
Industry associations 44
Related MarketLine research 44
About MarketLine 45
List of Figures
Figure 1: India steel market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: India steel market volume: thousand tons, 2013-17
Figure 3: India steel market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: India steel market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: India steel market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: India steel market volume forecast: thousand tons, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the steel market in India, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the steel market in India, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the steel market in India, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the steel market in India, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the steel market in India, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the steel market in India, 2017
Figure 13: JSW Steel Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: JSW Steel Ltd: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Steel Authority of India Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Steel Authority of India Ltd: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Tata Steel Group: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Tata Steel Group: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: India steel market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: India steel market volume: thousand tons, 2013-17
Table 3: India steel market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: India steel market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: India steel market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: India steel market volume forecast: thousand tons, 2017-22
Table 7: Jindal Steel & Power Ltd: key facts
Table 8: Jindal Steel & Power Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 9: JSW Steel Ltd: key facts
Table 10: JSW Steel Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 11: JSW Steel Ltd: key financials (Rs.)
Table 12: JSW Steel Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 13: Steel Authority of India Ltd: key facts
Table 14: Steel Authority of India Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 15: Steel Authority of India Ltd: key financials (Rs.)
Table 16: Steel Authority of India Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 17: Tata Steel Group: key facts
Table 18: Tata Steel Group: key financials (USD )
Table 19: Tata Steel Group: key financials (Rs.)
Table 20: Tata Steel Group: key financial ratios
Table 21: India size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 22: India gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 23: India gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 24: India inflation, 2013-17
Table 25: India consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 26: India exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Jindal Steel & Power Ltd
JSW Steel Ltd
Steel Authority of India Ltd
Tata Steel Group
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"