Steel in Mexico
Steel in Mexico industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The steel market consists of the production of crude steel in the stated country or region.
- The Mexican steel market had total revenues of USD 12,779.8m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.7% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 2.2% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 19,924.1 thousand tons in 2017.
- Mexico has the second largest steel market in North America, making up 14.5% in 2017.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the steel market in Mexico
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the steel market in Mexico
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key steel market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Mexico steel market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Mexico steel market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Mexico steel market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Mexico steel market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Mexico's steel market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 11
Market share 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 19
New entrants 21
Threat of substitutes 23
Degree of rivalry 25
Leading Companies 27
Altos Hornos de Mexico SAB de CV 27
Ternium SA 34
Macroeconomic Indicators 38
Country data 38
Industry associations 41
Related MarketLine research 41
About MarketLine 42
List of Figures
Figure 1: Mexico steel market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Mexico steel market volume: thousand tons, 2013-17
Figure 3: Mexico steel market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Mexico steel market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Mexico steel market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: Mexico steel market volume forecast: thousand tons, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the steel market in Mexico, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the steel market in Mexico, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the steel market in Mexico, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the steel market in Mexico, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the steel market in Mexico, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the steel market in Mexico, 2017
Figure 13: Altos Hornos de Mexico SAB de CV: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Altos Hornos de Mexico SAB de CV: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: ArcelorMittal: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: ArcelorMittal: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Ternium SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Ternium SA: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Mexico steel market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Mexico steel market volume: thousand tons, 2013-17
Table 3: Mexico steel market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Mexico steel market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Mexico steel market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: Mexico steel market volume forecast: thousand tons, 2017-22
Table 7: Altos Hornos de Mexico SAB de CV: key facts
Table 8: Altos Hornos de Mexico SAB de CV: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Altos Hornos de Mexico SAB de CV: key financials (MXN)
Table 10: Altos Hornos de Mexico SAB de CV: key financial ratios
Table 11: ArcelorMittal: key facts
Table 12: ArcelorMittal: key financials (USD )
Table 13: ArcelorMittal: key financial ratios
Table 14: Ternium SA: key facts
Table 15: Ternium SA: key financials (USD )
Table 16: Ternium SA: key financial ratios
Table 17: Mexico size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 18: Mexico gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 19: Mexico gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 20: Mexico inflation, 2013-17
Table 21: Mexico consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 22: Mexico exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Altos Hornos de Mexico SAB de CV
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"