Steel in the United Kingdom
Steel in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The steel market consists of the production of crude steel in the stated country or region.
- The UK steel market had total revenues of USD 4,045.4m in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -12.6% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volumes declined with a CARC of -10.8% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 7,491.3 thousand tons in 2017.
- Despite the market being saved temporarily in 2017 by restrictions on availability and the market rush to beat President Donald Trump's price increases, the market has been declining significantly over the last five years.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the steel market in the United Kingdom
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the steel market in the United Kingdom
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key steel market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United Kingdom steel market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the United Kingdom steel market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the United Kingdom steel market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United Kingdom steel market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in the United Kingdom's steel market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 8
Market value 8
Market volume 9
Market Segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 10
Market share 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Market volume forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 16
Supplier power 18
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 25
Celsa Group 25
Tata Steel Group 26
Macroeconomic Indicators 30
Country data 30
Industry associations 33
Related MarketLine research 33
About MarketLine 34
List of Figures
Figure 1: United Kingdom steel market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: United Kingdom steel market volume: thousand tons, 2013-17
Figure 3: United Kingdom steel market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: United Kingdom steel market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: United Kingdom steel market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: United Kingdom steel market volume forecast: thousand tons, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the steel market in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the steel market in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the steel market in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the steel market in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the steel market in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the steel market in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 13: Tata Steel Group: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Tata Steel Group: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: United Kingdom steel market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: United Kingdom steel market volume: thousand tons, 2013-17
Table 3: United Kingdom steel market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: United Kingdom steel market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: United Kingdom steel market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: United Kingdom steel market volume forecast: thousand tons, 2017-22
Table 7: Celsa Group: key facts
Table 8: Tata Steel Group: key facts
Table 9: Tata Steel Group: key financials (USD )
Table 10: Tata Steel Group: key financials (Rs.)
Table 11: Tata Steel Group: key financial ratios
Table 12: United Kingdom size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 13: United Kingdom gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 14: United Kingdom gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 15: United Kingdom inflation, 2013-17
Table 16: United Kingdom consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 17: United Kingdom exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Tata Steel Group
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"